Is there a way i can renumber mp3 track lists to the order I arrange t

Sanosuke_Sagara

Just as the title says, i know it sounds confusing, but is there a way i can use a program like Itunes or Winamp, and just create a play list in a specific order, and then some how use some kind of sort feature or a editing tag feature to just edit everything in the play list to change the actual detail of each of the files to a track order number in each specific file that is arranged in the same order that i arranged them in manually into the play list?

so for example

I can right click the properties of an mp3, and one of the tags says "Track number", and I can change that to track number 1, and go to the next one and change that to number 2.. but that will be kind of alot of work to go thru each mp3 and do that manually.. and then if i was to re-arrange the ordering of everything, i would have to go thru each and every single file and right click and go to properties and start the whole process over each time i add something.

is there a specific name for what I want to do? and is there a feature in one of these applications that can do this?

itunes will let you create an order playlist by creating a new playlist and dragging and dropping the song you want in the order you want them since a few versions ago, this also go for the latest version of windows media player.

yeah i understand the ordering of the play list will always work, but i also need the ordering withing the "info" of the properties inside the mp3 file to also change, like the physical number of it.

yeah i understand the ordering of the play list will always work, but i also need the ordering withing the "info" of the properties inside the mp3 file to also change, like the physical number of it.

Why? What good does that do?

Why? What good does that do?

some MP3 players don't use a playlist system like the ipod, and I have some USB sticks that i kinda wanna throw in my car and use my ipod for my arm band for when i go running, cuz its annoying to take it in and out of the car all the time each time i go for a run.

But its just not my stock MP3 in my car... i recently installed a sound system, and put a Clarion headunit in it, and its setup the same way. My mom also uses a sony walkman mp3 and its a pain.. and it only sorts according to mp3 file playlist numbers as well.

so kinda getting a feature like this would save me hours of setting stuff up. and arranging files. I think this is the huge success of ipod's, they actually have their own playlist system that nearly all manufactures use as a standard, and the windows playlist version is unaccepted in most cases, BUT the actual Mp3 file track numbering system will always work regardless in all universal mp3 players.

Edited by Sanosuke_Sagara