Apple Store Racism? You decide

sdy284

ah okay. So it would only be illegal in the case of I walk into an Apple Store, pick an iPhone off the shelf and bring it to the register? But it's not since they have to go into the back and get one for you, have you pay, then give you the item (providing goods after payment)?

haha -sigh- whatever it still seems wrong to me :P

yeah like doesn't that single handedly prove that the iphone's overpriced if they're afraid of storing it's cash value anywhere in the store (and that's just one Iphone haha)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah like doesn't that single handedly prove that the iphone's overpriced if they're afraid of storing it's cash value anywhere in the store (and that's just one Iphone haha)

it's so you can't buy multiple iphones yourself and sell them

ah okay. So it would only be illegal in the case of I walk into an Apple Store, pick an iPhone off the shelf and bring it to the register? But it's not since they have to go into the back and get one for you, have you pay, then give you the item (providing goods after payment)?

haha -sigh- whatever it still seems wrong to me :P

It would only be illegal if they didn't notify you of it, and then considered you in debt to them for the product. As the article says, it's for incurred debts. If you had a financing plan done, then that would be a bit more of a grey area, though I'm assuming that there would be another method of payment agreed upon in a financing contract. And that exhausts my knowledge of financial law.

• 3 weeks later...

No, I don't think it's racism either. The store staff seemed to change their tune when he said he was in a hurry. That must've been what made them suspicious.

BTW, that was the worst 592MB I've ever spent on the Internet. He could've put the whole thing into an 10MB mp3 file. The video was not necessary, not to mention it was 720p.