Cloud Platform

Jklein

ok everyone this a question I was asked the other day didnt know the answer. Whats the difference between a web platform and a cloud platform? Ok from a design perspective correct me if I'm wrong but since a private cloud is just a private dedicated server on the internet that a business or a group of businesses use. Isn't a cloud platform a website through which you access and interact with the server and any data or software on it? In otherwards from a software design perspective isnt a cloud platform pretty much a web application and can be designed accordingly?

I don't see a difference. People use the word "cloud" like it is some kind of magic. Anything on the web, or cloud is located outside of your local network on the internet.They both require some sort of host (server) to store data. If you lose your internet connection, you lose access to the data.....(sure you can set it up for offline access, and synchronize files locally, etc...but you get the picture).

Right so if you design a "cloud platform" you basically are designing a website that accesses the server and just constantly poles for data and uses a SSL Encryption setup to split user access so people don't access others areas