Amd Athlon X2 7750 Benched

Nemo

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Athlon X2 7750 is better suited to the mainstream PC user looking for a bit of a boost from past Athlon X2 processors, or older Intel dual-core processors, but don't expect to do any high-end gaming or intensive application suites with this processor. This CPU is great for those who casually use their PC for internet, email, slight multi-tasking, or as a small business workstation.

I honestly can't agree with this at all. The gaming tests were so close that the CPU definitely wasn't going to hinder the gaming experience much if at all, especially given it was only being compared to quad core processors.

Looks like a nice cheap chip for a budget gaming rig...but I really wouldn't call it low end. :P

Gotcha...but it still seems odd to call it unsuitable for high-end gaming use (unless by high-end he was simply talking about cost) when it's certainly damn fast. :P

Regardless - it's nice to see a good, cheap, and competitive dual core from the red team.

I would have liked to see that as well. The problem is we are all in the process of upgrading and unloading alot of our older stuff so alot of the CPU's you seen in the first part of testing we got rid of to make way for the newer stuff. As we start to go forward you will see this CPU against others like before :)

Actually...this highlights pretty well just how little a quad helps with today's games (save for Supreme Commander). Even a "low end" AMD chip is nearly as fast as the AMD and Intel quads. :)

Actually...this highlights pretty well just how little a quad helps with today's games (save for Supreme Commander). Even a "low end" AMD chip is nearly as fast as the AMD and Intel quads. :)

Very good point :) The only time you would really see a huge difference is with a game that supports quads or you were using a QX9770 or something like that, tons of Cache and a high clock speed make a difference depending on the game of course.