can i use a Gtx 650 ti boost?

hey guys i was wondering like. my power supply is a 400 watt, but the gtx 650ti boost requires a 450 watt, if i get this will it be unusable or will it perform but not as good until i get new power supply?

What brand power supply and what is the rest of your system?

A good quality psu and a lite system, you are probably fine. A cheap psu and a lot of extras or power hungry cpu and it could be dodgy.

-looking at ccokeman's review, the 650tiboost can pull 200 watts itself. http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/nvidia_geforce_gtx_650_ti_boost/15.htm

Edited by RedFury77

so the make of the power supply is XIGMATEK and this is the specs of that 

NRP-VC403
  dot-news.jpg Compliant with ATX12V Ver2.2 standard. dot.gif   dot-news.jpg Black coating chassis. dot.gif   dot-news.jpg Upper 12cm cooling fan. dot.gif   dot-news.jpg Smart fan speed control by thermal. dot.gif   dot-news.jpg Molex connector with easy-swap design. dot.gif   dot-news.jpg SATA and PCI-Express connectors available. dot.gif   dot-news.jpg 20+4pin cable with mesh. dot.gif   dot-news.jpg Full protection by OCP, OVP, UVP, SCP, and OLP. dot.gif   dot-news.jpg CE, TUV, UL certified dot.gif
and here is the full specs of my computer 
------------------
System Information
------------------
   Operating System: Windows 8 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_gdr.130108-1504)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
       System Model: GA-78LMT-USB3
               BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
          Processor: AMD FX-4170 Quad-Core Processor             (4 CPUs), ~4.2GHz
             Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8174MB RAM
          Page File: 2486MB used, 13879MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
   User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
 System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
     DxDiag Version: 6.02.9200.16384 64bit Unicode

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
          Card name: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
       Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
          Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x683D)
           DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
        Device Type: Full Device
         Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_683D&SUBSYS_32331682&REV_00
     Display Memory: 4835 MB
   Dedicated Memory: 1005 MB
      Shared Memory: 3830 MB
       Current Mode: 1360 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
       Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
      Monitor Model: SAMSUNG
         Monitor Id: SAM067A
        Native Mode: 1360 x 768(p) (60.015Hz)
        Output Type: HDMI

hope this is what you meant by my comp specs

if you can guys is give me a good brand of power supplies and maybe a specific one that would be perfect that i could buy what isn't going to cost me a whole lot of money, btw i live in the UK so something in the UK would be awesome.

So you have 7700 series card now?

The psu looks pretty solid.  Not the generic overrated piece i was expecting.  It was even reviewed here on OCC...4 years ago: http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/xigmatek_nrppc402/ 

It is kinda the limit of the psu, but i think you'd be fine.  If you do buy a new one, I'd stick with Corsair or seasonic but there are others like antec or  rosewill too.

Just out of curiosity... Why do you want a 650TI Boost when you already have a a 77xx card? Its not so significantly better that I can ideally recommend an upgrade to that. I mean its better sure, but i don't think it's worth it personally.

But I agree your PSU should handle a 650Ti boost, it'll pretty much max out the PSU though.

I can highly recommend Rosewill's Medium-high end PSU, their low end aren't much better than anyone elses. Corsair Seasonic, Antec... All great brands.

Just out of curiosity... Why do you want a 650TI Boost when you already have a a 77xx card? Its not so significantly better that I can ideally recommend an upgrade to that. I mean its better sure, but i don't think it's worth it personally.

But I agree your PSU should handle a 650Ti boost, it'll pretty much max out the PSU though.

I can highly recommend Rosewill's Medium-high end PSU, their low end aren't much better than anyone elses. Corsair Seasonic, Antec... All great brands.

I prefer Rosewill over Corsair and Seasonic.

Corsair and Seasonic are OK not "great"

Rosewill are miles ahead of Corsair and Seasonic.

Corsair and Seasonic are OK not "great"

Well that's not something I have ever heard before.... and two of the leaders of the PSU market are only "OK".

have you guys read the reviews on the op`s power supply?????? the unit is a cheap winpower board re-badged by XIGMATEK. the quality of the heat sinks is terrible , i think that if the unit is running at full load it wont last long and 400w is no where near enough to run a ti650 and the rest of the system with any headroom in the power supply . i highly recommend that you upgrade . A decent 600 watt psu should be enough , and reasonably priced. I personally like ocz and seasonic but any decent brand will be good . dont however go for those cheap high wattage low cost units as they go bad very destructively .