Personality Type (Myers-Briggs)

Fogel

I've taken this test (and others) several times over the past four years and have always gotten INTJ.  Today, though, I got ISTJ, which makes sense for how I've been recently.  Despite the simple questions, the results usually lead to pretty accurate descriptions with few exceptions in my case.

http://typelogic.com/intj.html

http://typelogic.com/istj.html

Interesting descriptions.  The description on INTP there doesn't seem to fit me as well as the one I saw on Wikipedia even though the theme is the same.  Makes me wonder if I took the test wrong now as I'm sure that description is probably better at being a credible source than Wikipedia's.   The one on Wikipedia fits me almost perfectly though.

Andrew - you scored INTP, if you are still reading this thread which description (Typelogic or Wikipedia) fits you better?

You are supposed to go with your gut/most common reaction IIRC. Of course there are special considerations for certain circumstances but that's not what it's asking. :lol:

I can see where they are coming from fer sure, but I agree... I do think they are making it more complex than it needs to be.

That is why a lot of the questions are asking the same thing, just worded slightly different. They try and find a common ground with a certain amount of error built into the test to allow for different answers to basically the same question. Try getting badged in to work at a nuke plant and you will lose your mind answering questions like this with a few crazy ones added in such as " have you ever wanted to kill your mother?" lol

Great point on error being built into the test.

When I answer these questions I immediately factor out special cases - in Onion's case it would be his fiance.   Unless he responds to everyone else just like he respond to his fiance, but typically that isn't how most respond to everyone else.  The test is simply asking if you get easily excited or not.  If it takes someone or something special to get you excited than the answer is no.

Easily Excited = Iron Man/Tony Stark, most sports announcers, radio DJs

Not = Captain America, most computer programmers, bikers

Most people's internet persona is different then their real one but if I went by Onion's internet persona I would answer the test 'Yes' for him.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ISTJ

Introvert(11%)  Sensing(1%)  Thinking(38%)  Judging(22%)

• You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (11%)

• You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (1%)

• You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (38%)

• You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (22%)

I've taken this test a few times in the past. I always came out as a moderate/high INTP. The descriptions for me are very nearly spot-on, with just slight differences in a couple details, but even those are close enough.