Nyt's GTX560 benches and results

Nyt

Yeah only one 560 atm, but a 2nd might not be far off since Im thinking of skipping the GTX680 since I know I'll want GK110 and pretty much nothing will be able to stop me then :lol:

So why wouldn't you have just stayed with your 7970 Crossfire? :lol:

Anyway - my "new" 3 generation old card still kicks ass in almost everything as long as tessellation isn't set to some extreme setting. Nearly 10K 3DMark11 score is nothing to sneeze at. :D

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nyt, I've compared every Nvidia SLI setup from the GTX 460 1GB setup to GTX 580's, even 3GB's firsthand, on water, and overclocked to the highest safest potential. The HD 7970 rocks two GTX 560ti's in SLI when both are overclocked.

Not to mention especially looking at Min FPS.

So why wouldn't you have just stayed with your 7970 Crossfire? :lol:

Anyway - my "new" 3 generation old card still kicks ass in almost everything as long as tessellation isn't set to some extreme setting. Nearly 10K 3DMark11 score is nothing to sneeze at. :D

Because the 7970 would be dropping in price like Vettel (he's a F1 racer for you Americans who dont know anything besides Nascar :P ) is dropping in performance :lol:

Meh, 10k with tess modified in CCC is something to sneeze at :teehee: Because a 7970 only manages 10k with normal tess :teehee:

Nyt, I've compared every Nvidia SLI setup from the GTX 460 1GB setup to GTX 580's, even 3GB's firsthand, on water, and overclocked to the highest safest potential. The HD 7970 rocks two GTX 560ti's in SLI when both are overclocked.

Not to mention especially looking at Min FPS.

Im talking about stock vs stock , not oc'ed because of course 28nm will oc way more than 40nm :teehee:

And a single card always has a better min FPS than multi cards, its a known fact

Fixed :lol:

Good point. :lol:

Meh, 10k with tess modified in CCC is something to sneeze at :teehee: Because a 7970 only manages 10k with normal tess :teehee:

10K is nearly what I got with tessellation on normal. I never ran it with it anything lower than that. :lol:

Because the 7970 would be dropping in price

Thats part of the game. Theres no point selling things off because they are going to go down in value....they will all, always, go down in value. You're just wasting more money then you are trying to prevent losing. And now after all is said and done you have wasted more and have less performance. Rather then play this song and dance why not have just bought 560's from the beginning?

Rather then play this song and dance why not have just bought 560's from the beginning?

A lot of people don't realize how good the "not best" can be till they have it. :)

You're also buying at the wrong time, even though it's your dad's money. I got one HD 7970 at $405 and another coming at $385. I can turn them around and sell for a profit, but I know they'll hold that value even for a year. So if I do sell them to upgrade, I can do so at anytime. Same thing with my GTX 580's, all bought for under $343 to as low as $280.