Ivy Bridge delayed until June...

I wouldn't be so sure. Reviews have them running FAR hotter than SB chips even at much lower clocks and voltages.

May be. 3 more days and we all can be sure of what is in store for all of us.

Guest Black gold saw.

If the following speculations are true (not achieving as high of a frequency and running hotter)

Then i won't be as inclined to consider it worth my time to side grade to.

In my opinion IF (Keyword here is 'IF') the above is true.. Then it's worse then SB,,

In my opinion IF (Keyword here is 'IF') the above is true.. Then it's worse then SB,,

How so ?

But its not a fail, an IB at 4.55GHz delivers more points than a 5GHz SB in Synthetic benchmarks (about 25 more points in 3D Mark 11 CPU test)

Ivy Bridge is a tick, not a tock so dont expect miracles. SB was a tock, you dont get two tocks after a tick. IB does what Intel made it to do, perform well and gives the biggest increase in iGPU performance we've ever seen in a tick so its far from a fail.

How so ?

Who cares about the 3DMark physics test? :lol: Besides, 25 points isn't much...especially if the systems weren't otherwise identical. The difference could easily be due to RAM, mobo, etc.

I thought it has something to do with IB, being a 22nm chip, having less area to dissipate heat?

Also, even if it does have a more efficient Performance/Clock ratio, it's not worth the 98C temp it's running just for a small bump on benchmarks IMO.