Samsung Galaxy S4 thread

Nyt

Hey guys, heres a place for all S4 owners/potential owners to talk, to offer advice/opinions, troubleshoot problems or ask questions and just have fun.

To start off, here's my new lovely black Octa-core S4 :D

th_MySamsungGalaxyS4_zpsc3af519d.jpg

Now to get used to all the fancy Air gestures and all that other stuff...

I had thought of and still may start a thread about the octo-core Samsung processor in detail. In fact I have been researching it for the last couple days. The Samsung Ezynos5 Octa is an eight core processor with high resolution graphics that can handle Open GL 2.0. It is quite an amazing feat of technology...and we wonder why the desktop market is waning.

why a physical keyboard... that's pretty obsolete... Although the Samsung version of Swype sucks balls the actual Swype version in JellyBean works very well... I love it

And Google voice is dead nuts accurate... when using either one of those there is no need for a physical keyboard and if you need one for games they make a bluetooth clip on controller for that ;)

I can type faster than a virtual keyboard and more accurately than both voice and virt. keyb. (no "guessing" what I want to type because I'm typing what i want to type)

Plus all these phones are getting bigger and bigger *because* half the screen is taken by the stupid virtual keyboard when in use. Like my phone is nearly a true laptop replacement because I can goto full websites and not have to worry about a virtual keyboard all the time. All my screen is used as viewable area even while I type.

Emulated games require to have a physical keyboard for anything more than subpar enjoyment. (I can fluidly play super smash bros. on my phone because I have real feedback and usable screen)

Also typing alot of symbols is lightning fast with real function keys.

• Like 1

Is it just me.or does anyone else dislike what the Sammy design department did post GS2?

I wish Samsung would stop going overboard with the plastic. I don't care if my phone has a bit of weight to it or some kind of texture so I can actually freaking hold it without having to spend more money on a case. Scuffing the sides with sandpaper would be better than the smooth as silk plastic on pretty much every Samsung phone in the past few years or so.

Is it just me.or does anyone else dislike what the Sammy design department did post GS2?

I wish Samsung would stop going overboard with the plastic. I don't care if my phone has a bit of weight to it or some kind of texture so I can actually freaking hold it without having to spend more money on a case. Scuffing the sides with sandpaper would be better than the smooth as silk plastic on pretty much every Samsung phone in the past few years or so.

I have never had issue with plastic casing but do agree that the smooth finish was a bad idea. The textured finish of my XZL on the other hand is great.

My big issue is all the curves. I do like hard sleek lines on a phone and do prefer to have little to zero boarder around the screen.