Typical Rig PPD?

NightDiver

Intel CPUs can get big advanced work units which have a nice bonus to them, which propels their PPDs to insane levels. These are work units which require 8 threads, so only an Intel quad-core with hyperthreading could complete them. Not sure if they're changed the client at all to allow the 8120 or 8150 to work on those units, since they do have eight integer cores.

Basically, you do not want to compare AMD and Intel PPDs nor do you want to compare AMD and nVidia PPDs because the work units are just flatly optimized for CUDA. At least, that was the last I heard. They have been working on OpenCL optimizations, which would actually give AMD an edge (both manufacturers support OpenCL but several AMD cards actually have more shaders than nVidia) but to my knowledge they haven't finished that work yet.

Actually bigadv has to have 16 cores now starting last month, no more bigadv for 8 core machines...

Actually bigadv has to have 16 cores now starting last month, no more bigadv for 8 core machines...

What has 16 threads other than servers and dual CPU computers (which practically no one uses)? I wonder if that will cause a PPD drop for Intel or if Stanford will keep the points of the 8 thread units high.

What has 16 threads other than servers and dual CPU computers (which practically no one uses)? I wonder if that will cause a PPD drop for Intel or if Stanford will keep the points of the 8 thread units high.

I havent seen a bigadv wu in a very long time on any of my i7's. Though I still get a decent amount of points because of the volume of WU's, but still not the same..