What I did today .......

Stonerboy779

On the minus side, it was pushing 40 degrees in Perth, add about 5-10 degrees to that for where i work due to all the machines running

That's what you get for living in the Southern Hemisphere.

And spiders. Very big spiders.

Oh and don't forget the majority of the worlds most deadly snakes too :P

Not as scary to me as big spiders. :lol:

Got a new toy and well.....

...... if you are looking for a new soundcard.

...... if you are someone looking for something small, extremely portable, very competively priced. Something that will work with PC, Mac and some JellyBean devices.

Then you want the UD100 USB.

Employing the ESS Sabre ES9023 DAC the UD100 is a fantastic little bit of kit. 

ESS Sabre ES9023 Spec Sheet - http://www.esstech.com/PDF/ES9023%20...B%20110117.pdf

UD100 for sale - http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2449848/all

Cost $59USD + $3USD shipping worldwide.

Ordered 2 UD100s on the 16th of December and even with all the christmas postage it still turned up on the 27th of December. Making shipping times from Malaysia more than acceptable. The two DACs turned up in perfect working order.

Will be trying it on my SGSII with it JB rom and hopefully I can get it going. With it giving my Audioengine D1 USB DAC more than a run for its money this is amazing. There is some very minimal background noise which I noticed when the output was maxed and I was using my 16ohm 118db Audiofly AF56m canalphones. They're stupidly sensitive and the background noise is the exact same level as that of my D1. Something i didn't know my D1 had while I was using my AKG Q701s apparently 105dB wasn't quite sensitive enough to pick it up haha.

Either way for $62 shipped to your door this tiny little dac is fantastic and the 2v rms line out makes it perfect for analougue amplification. Either too a headphone amp or speakers. At the moment though it is more than acceptibly driving un amped my AKG Q701s and my AF56ms

8316404815_d8094a61cc_b.jpg

Cannot stop listening to this in fact dad has yelled at me about 3 times already :pfp:

Got home from holiday (vacation if you live in the US), filled out an acceptance form for college, caught up with some stuff on OCC, now going to eat Christmas presents and order some Corsair Vengance :D

School starts today.

Today I have Physics and Rhetoric and Narrative.

Tomorrow I have Calculus for Business, Cultural Geography, and The History and Appreciation of Rock (absolutely and utterly pointless and stupid class, but required because it satisfies a non-applied fine arts credit, which is also a stupid requirement).

School starts today. Today I have Physics and Rhetoric and Narrative. Tomorrow I have Calculus for Business, Cultural Geography, and The History and Appreciation of Rock (absolutely and utterly pointless and stupid class, but required because it satisfies a non-applied fine arts credit, which is also a stupid requirement).

Lolwhut

And i thought my uni had strange courses =/