SSD questions

I have both a Mushkin SSD and a corsair SSD... i can't tell the difference between the two, and Mushkin is an american company! they also have fantastic customer service. Save the money and get the same quality, and enjoy your new SSD.

Ok so I just got my Corsair Force 3 GT 120gb, and I was running a test with HD tune. I get and avg 355MBps. Is that just read performance or is that an avg of read and write or just read? This drive is advertised as 555MB read and 515Mb write so I'm not sure what going on. I DID: Get the latest firmware 1.3.3 Put it in the Sata 6gb port w/ sata3 cord Install all latest mobo drivers. Make sure ACHI is enabled in BIOS

Ok so I just got my Corsair Force 3 GT 120gb, and I was running a test with HD tune. I get and avg 355MBps. Is that just read performance or is that an avg of read and write or just read? This drive is advertised as 555MB read and 515Mb write so I'm not sure what going on. I DID: Get the latest firmware 1.3.3 Put it in the Sata 6gb port w/ sata3 cord Install all latest mobo drivers. Make sure ACHI is enabled in BIOS

Are you sure you had the SSD in ACHI BEFORE installing windows on it? Because if you switched to ACHI afterwards it could hamper your performance. If you did, try using a more advanced benchmark like ATTO. (I say ATTO is more advanced because HD tune is a free crappy trial version. If you have HD tune pro, then something is seriously wrong) .

Some basic trouble shooting ideas you could try are.......1. Try different sata cables, 2: Try a different sata port, 3: cut off all other processes under device manager before you run the benchmark (sometimes anti virus programs can REALLY screw up benchmarking numbers) 4: make sure your benchmark is set up right (if you are not transferring the right size files for the benchmark, the numbers will come out reflecting a slow drive).

Are you sure you had the SSD in ACHI BEFORE installing windows on it? Because if you switched to ACHI afterwards it could hamper your performance.

This isn't true at all. You just need to install the driver for AHCI at boot so Windows won't blue screen looking for a drive that it can't access.

This isn't true at all. You just need to install the driver for AHCI at boot so Windows won't blue screen looking for a drive that it can't access.

Waco, once again my PC has proven you wrong. When I first put my SSD in, I had it in IDE and I installed windows on it and only got a read speed of 150 max. I read that it needs to be in achi before installation, and so I formated the drive and did a reinstall and I got about 350 read.

If I am incorrect, then explain? :dunno:

If I am incorrect, then explain? :dunno:

You're mistaken. :huh:

IDE versus AHCI at install time makes no difference. W7 will align the partitions the same way, format them the same way, etc. There's nothing different.

You're mistaken. :huh:

IDE versus AHCI at install time makes no difference. W7 will align the partitions the same way, format them the same way, etc. There's nothing different.

Then why did I get a 150mbps performance difference? :dunno:

Just so you know, I am not being sarcastic, I just want to understand why my pc would have done that.