The Great Steam Treasure Hunt

WhenKittensATK

The Great Steam Treasure Hunt

Objective:

Complete the objectives to be entered to win games! (2 days to complete objectives. Games have to be purchased on Steam.)

Win 100 Games

Complete any 10 of these objectives by the end of the promotion, and log into Steam on the 20th, to be entered for a chance to win 100 games of your choosing.

Plus, 20 winners every two days!

Complete any one of the 4 current objectives to be entered for a chance to win 5 games from your wishlist.

You want TF2 hats too?

Bounty Hat for 5 objectives

Treasure Hat for 15 objectives

Hat of Undeniable Wealth and Respect for 28 objectives

Valve sure knows how to get people to spend their money :D

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they offer a game at a good price that I actually want, then I'll try to enter this. They got enough from me from the Thanksgiving weekend sales that I don't need to get more games I won't play.

I actually see this as a fun way to get me to actually play the games I buy. :D

I have tons of unplayed games and I think small incentives like these would encourage me to play more of my games really. I don't really care all that much about the treasure hunt part but I do think it's a nice encouragement, I'm just glad for the sales themselves really, I always love steam sales, to me certain steam sales are enough to give a game a try even though I normally wouldn't because of the fear that I might be disappointed and feel like I wasted money. That's why I'm happy with the current sales anyway, I'd been wanting to try poker night and I didn't really have much interest for chime but at this price I'd like to think that if I gave it a try and enjoyed it then I'd that much farther ahead than if I had bought it at full price and enjoyed it. :D

Edit: Also, I just wanted to address how some people were saying that "you have to buy games to win games" I don't think this is quite accurate. They probably have an objective that anyone can do without needing to purchase games during each set of objectives, like the self portrait objective in the current set, this way you do have a chance to win the wishlist games prize and some of the TF2 hats if you're into that kind of thing.

Have to agree for the most part however, it is good marketing. :cheers:

Edited by Deathmineral

Looks like the first group of objectives is out of the way, anyone getting any of today's games? I'm considering getting the two cheap ones again. Something nice about the 4th objective that I noticed is that you don't have to buy this one, you can just play the demo, an interesting twist of advertising into a campaign already advertising the games. :lol: