Killer 2100 Gaming Network Card from Bigfoot Examined

Nemo

I have never really been impressed or really seen any benefit to these cards myself..... however transfering files over a network maybe something like this has its use who knows.

I have had this card for a while now, and I game a lot. I used to play WoW as well as CS:S. In WoW, I would do raids/instances as well as PvP. In CS:S, I have done competitive gaming as well as normal scrims and/or servers. Granted, you wouldn't get this card just for your average computer user. But as a gamer, this is a must have. I saw ping drops of around 70% in every game I play. My average ping before was around 21-23. After installing this card, I now average around 7-9.

As I said, normal usage, nah wouldn't get it. Really into gaming where you NEED the lower ping? Heck yea. Allowed me to see things faster and react faster. Only con would be the price point (paid $100 for mine while ago).

Guest ajmatson

I have had this card for a while now, and I game a lot. I used to play WoW as well as CS:S. In WoW, I would do raids/instances as well as PvP. In CS:S, I have done competitive gaming as well as normal scrims and/or servers. Granted, you wouldn't get this card just for your average computer user. But as a gamer, this is a must have. I saw ping drops of around 70% in every game I play. My average ping before was around 21-23. After installing this card, I now average around 7-9.

As I said, normal usage, nah wouldn't get it. Really into gaming where you NEED the lower ping? Heck yea. Allowed me to see things faster and react faster. Only con would be the price point (paid $100 for mine while ago).

+1 Thank you Trapt :) That is the what I was trying to get at in my conclusion. It is all on how you use it. Main point I look at in a review is does it do what it is supposed to and the answer is yes. Will it make you the ping king? No but it is designed to give you first on wire packet delivery and the ability to control your incoming and outgoing traffic. Sure when it comes to internet gaming you are bound by your ISP but in a closed environment this card could make or break a challenge :)