Bishop245 and Boinker are at it again

Boinker

Good looking build.

I wonder -

if you had a small fridge with a A/C evaporator core inside and

routed your liquid lines thru it,

how much overclocking you could get with a super cool cpu?

Why not just put a phase change unit in there instead of a fridge? As for the overclocking headroom, it depends on the CPU. An FX can easily run fully stable upwards of 5.5GHz with a single-stage phase change.

Edit: Keep up the good work guys, it will be awesome!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks for the replies guys. Im bringing my Rig (the one with the Boinkineered res) just to keep pumping photos in here. :lol: and data.. Glorious data... NOM NOM NOM.

SILENCE!!!!!! I kill you. :P

I'm working on it right now. If one would learn how to take photos at a reasonable resolution it might be easier...

56K beware

well Bishop and I as the Topic says are up to it again. Doing alot more water cooling and its bishops rig to get the "treatment" About 1000 dollars worth of part, excessive amounts of fittings (can never have enough), 30 feet of tubing for mistakes, 3 EK water blocks, an RX360 radiator, Kooalnce rad shroud, MCP655 pump, and an excess of parts scattered across a table. We began.... With a Jigsaw and Drimel tool.

First and foremost was the parts and new gear, Outlined in the photo below. All wanting a place in this case. Funnier this is all going to be stuffed into a Cooler master Stacker 810 ATX/BTX that has already been modded to Hell, tortured and rebuilt many times. Its amazing that it still managed not to roll in front of the forklift as its first opportunity. :lol: poor Bluepanda has been trying to sell Bishop a new case but not today. It made it through this time. Watch max as he cuts out the access hole for the RX360 radiator and Scythe Ultra Kaze Fans.

IMG_0035.JPG IMG_0037.JPG IMG_0036.JPG

IMG_0040.JPG IMG_0042.JPG IMG_0043.JPG

Ok so now that the case is ready to except a set of over-sized fans and a GIGANTIC radiator. see the finished product below. Now we had three video cards there. 2 old, one new and one of the old ones we knew was flaky... But what one. Off to the test bench and we concluded that all the video cards were ok after some single and SLI testing. but sense we had only two water blocks for the card we had to pick. And see our first of many casualties of the night.... Poor dremel tool didn't have a prayer.

IMG_0046.JPG IMG_0065.JPG IMG_0061.JPG

IMG_0063.JPG IMG_0066.JPG IMG_0070.JPG

Next was mounting the fans and the hard drive cage. Sense the Stacker was missing both its internal Bays and did not have any to be found on the net I decided that I would Boinkineer something up and make it work. So I took some UN Radiator brackets that we had laying around and mounted the Fans to the front two bays. Installing that was one hell of a pain. Next was the XSPC 5 HDD mount rack and mounting it right behind the fans. Tight squeeze But it worked dammit. Next was mounting the pump.... Like the only place left in the case.... As you will soon see.

IMG_0075.JPG IMG_0078.JPG IMG_0079.JPG

Then the Second casualty.... My Dumb Slef Dropped Bishops brand new Bay res and Cracked the res..... In my Pissed off NERD RAGE I tossed the res over my shoulder and blew up a florescent light tube... DAMN. at least we had a back-up and or could build one from scratch at the shop. So that makes Bishop 1, Boinker 1..... YES IM COUNTING THIS TIME.

IMG_0087.JPG

This will be continued in the next post... Lots of Photos to go through.

After Figuring out what to do about the res I then moved to the Video card Water blocks. These things are a mark of beauty. I mean to tell you the Nickel Plexiglas water blocks are absolutely beautiful. I prefer copper But i know my next set of video cards will feature these. Now while we were there Bishop remounted the EK CPU water block to the Processor we decided to make a test fit... well need some more modding as the Motherboard tray needs a slight modification. You can see the results in the second bank of photos. :D

IMG_0047.JPG IMG_0048.JPG IMG_0086.JPG

IMG_0081.JPG IMG_0082.JPG IMG_0083.JPG

Now that everything will supposedly fit in place we can Put it all together. Here is some photos of the Sexy water blocks and there fittings etc. Wish I could find the backing plates for the EK RF570 Rev 1.1 BUT they couldnt be found. I think I may call EK cause without the SLI bracket those cards flex way too much. with the SLI bridge holding them in place there is none. so good enough. Here they both are. enjoy the Computer Pron. :rofl:

IMG_0089.JPG IMG_0090.JPG IMG_0091.JPG IMG_0100.JPG

IMG_0092.JPG IMG_0093.JPG IMG_0097.JPG IMG_0103.JPG

More below. :D

So now it was time to reinstall everything, run some tubing and get things going. Little did I know after it was actually Bleed out I would realize that the ram pads on the #2 video card came loose and moved off the video cards... So after everything was good and running we had to take it apart and Fix my Screw up... That is Boinker 2 and Bishop 1......

IMG_0102.JPG IMG_0104.JPG IMG_0106.JPG

IMG_0107.JPG IMG_0108.JPG IMG_0109.JPG

Moving forward from here the System needs to go through a couple of days worth of leak testing and then it will be time to test. Good times. Fun weekend and hopefully good performance.

Well if we ever get my rig completed redoing the pics will be easy since I can batch resize with photo shop :P or if Toshiba ever gets my laptop fixed right since it heading out on tuesday for RMA #2

and yes boinker Silence comment come from us watching/listening to Jeff Dunham Spark of insanity and Arguing with myself. :thumbsup:

I use the blue hose after I took the block apart and cleaned it to keep the block free of dust or other nasty things you don't want in a block lol worked great

It is still going to get some body work done on the outside along with a new paint job I like my black and blue theme but its been beat to hell and scratched up on the doors and front. I think I will buy an airbrush to paint it this next time, so I may get a lil more adventurous with the painting. We are also thinking about windowing it and I am not as happy as I thought I would be with my fluid uv black turns white under uv ccfl but is purple under standard lighting. I was trying to stay with the black and blue setup but the white water just doesnt look right to me. so I will have to figure out what color I want my water then maybe I can decide on a color scheme for the case.:mfp: