No more Twinkies D:

Coors

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that stinks. I had a time-travel joke I wanted to make in a book at some point that involved Twinkies. Without Twinkies, the joke won't make sense (and I'm not going to make the time travel aspect of the story be about bringing back the Twinkie). Hopefully another company will buy some of those 'foods' because I really like the joke.

By the way: Twinkie Maker Hostess to Shut Down After Strike

PS. Don't expect this on the OCC homepage :P

The 82-year-old maker of Hostess CupCakes, Ding Dongs and Ho Hos was undone by the strike after changes in American diets led to years of declining sales while ingredient costs and labor expenses climbed.

So why didn't they simply change their products to suit the change in diets? Seems like they were too proud of their Twinkies to keep their business alive and employees happy. I personally get sick of seeing the vast sea of junk food in the vending machines at my workplace, not a single thing I ever find in them could be considered healthy.

So why didn't they simply change their products to suit the change in diets? Seems like they were too proud of their Twinkies to keep their business alive and employees happy. I personally get sick of seeing the vast sea of junk food in the vending machines at my workplace, not a single thing I ever find in them could be considered healthy.

+1

Btw, am i the only one who lol'ed at the names of the products following the hostess cupcakes? :haha: