Six Core AMD reviewed

Bosco

The bottom line is that it is shown at its stock clocks and compared to other processors running at the default clock speeds. Lets look at a comparison done in our own review. Cinebench 10's single threaded benchmark shows you the performance of the CPU's with a single thread. Clock speed is the as delivered clock speed. Architecture is clearly in Intel's favor even at a lower clock speed with the 6 core PII results and the P IIx4 share almost identical results. When you look at the multi threaded results the 6 core AMD falls right above the i5 750 and beats both 4 core Phenom II's. Which it is supposed to do So you can look at how clock speed and architecture on the AMD side is similar and when compared to Intel chips at slower and similar clock speeds it just loses so you have your argument answered right there. 3.2GHz AMD is outperformed by 3.2GHz Intel in a single threaded rendering test. 2 architectures identical clock speeds

here

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question about the review. Does anyone know what cooling solution was used when the Chip was being overclocked. I'm just curious what the Chip produces as far as heat compared to others.

Guest ajmatson

I have a question about the review. Does anyone know what cooling solution was used when the Chip was being overclocked. I'm just curious what the Chip produces as far as heat compared to others.

This review was run with the Xtreme Gear HP-1216B Cooler. When I did the overclocking tests even on air the CPU stayed between 61-61C. Because of time constraints with received our sample I was not able to go into temperature comparisons but the 1090T is a 125w TDP processor which is the same as the Phenom II X4 965. If I get a chance I will run some tests for you :)

This review was run with the Xtreme Gear HP-1216B Cooler. When I did the overclocking tests even on air the CPU stayed between 61-61C. Because of time constraints with received our sample I was not able to go into temperature comparisons but the 1090T is a 125w TDP processor which is the same as the Phenom II X4 965. If I get a chance I will run some tests for you :)

Thanks a bunch for the info. I am using a watercooling set-up for the phenom II 940 oc'ed to 3.70 @ 1.450 Volts I have so I belive it will be fine given you could do that with air. Worst case senario I will need Better fans or waterblock. :)

Thank you again for the input and Do let me know the compairison if you can.