2.1 speaker setup for under

tomb9

Hi,

I'm looking for a 2.1 speaker setup for my PC for music and gaming and was wondering what you guys thought would be a good choice. I'm preferably looking for something in the

I've read a lot of forums looking for 2.1 setups here recently to replace my aging Logitech X530s and these were the two I heard the most praise about..

Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 - This is the setup I decided to go with since it is a true 2.1 setup. All I can say is wow compared to old Logitech X530s. The clarity of the satellites is crisp (to my ears) and the sub sounds like thunder.

M-Audio AV40 - I hear the mids/highs of this setup are superb over the Klipsch 2.1 but they lack a subwoofer so if you want bass, this wouldn't be the setup for you.\

Both of these setups are slightly over your price range but I would HIGHLY recommend them over the cheap 2.1 setups. Buy once, cry once.

I've been rocking the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 system for the better part of seven years now. Cannot complain one bit about their sound quality; everything sounds just how it should. The bass can hit incredibly hard if you want, and the speakers deliver great clarity with no distortion. I highly recommend it, just it'll be at the upper end (or maybe outside) of your price range.