NVIDIA GTX 980 Reviewed

Bosco

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, didn't expect Nvidia to release a new card so soon D:

On the topic of expectation, i was expecting a bit more performance :(

Would have been nice to see a leap of performance again since it is all so marginal this time around.

This launch is about the power efficiency gains and new tech while staying in roughly the same perf range as Kepler.

+1 I found it to be quite a great upgrade from a 780, can't wait for AMD to bring some heat to them so that we may see a delicious 980Ti

This launch is about the power efficiency gains and new tech while staying in roughly the same perf range as Kepler.

But it would have been nice to see a bigger margin :teehee:

Guess that will be preserved for the 980gtx TI then!

Not that i could buy any of those cards any time soon, it is just nice to see growth in videocards (or any pc component for that matter) and i found it a bit disappointing that the gtx 980 is on par with the gtx 780 (ti).

But a nice review nonetheless.

But it would have been nice to see a bigger margin :teehee:

Guess that will be preserved for the 980gtx TI then!

Not that i could buy any of those cards any time soon, it is just nice to see growth in videocards (or any pc component for that matter) and i found it a bit disappointing that the gtx 980 is on par with the gtx 780 (ti).

But a nice review nonetheless.

It would always be nice to see a bigger margin but with a 150 buck price drop its a fair price for what you get.  

Does the 980 use a worse cooler(what were the rpms) than the 780 TI or is it that hot? O.o Was expecting a cooler card for 100W less

970 was the star tbh, also thanks for not using Mantle in bf4 like other sites, mantle should only really be on for worse cpus

Edited by DanTheGamer11

Does the 980 use a worse cooler(what were the rpms) than the 780 TI or is it that hot? O.o Was expecting a cooler card for 100W less

970 was the star tbh, also thanks for not using Mantle in bf4 like other sites, mantle should only really be on for worse cpus

Same cooler. They're just tuned to run hotter (but more quiet).