What is the last component you decide on?

neddamttocs

30 members have voted

1. 1. What is the last component?

• CPU
    • Motherboard
    • RAM
    • Hard Drive
    • Video Card
    • Sound Card
    • Case
    • Cooling
    • Peripherals (ie mouse, keyboard)
    • Other

Continuing from last weeks question, this week we would like to know about what the last component you would choose when you are building a pc?

Let us know on OCC Poll.

The case. It has to house what I want in it!  Some times its a compromise.

There is a part of me that wonders what all you try to house in a computer case, but then there is that other part of me that is just picturing a hybrid case/kegerator and wants to leave it at that. (Got to keep it all cool, right?)

I don't remember the last time I built a full PC. I mean, one where I didn't carry parts from the last PC. In the case of my current PC, I changed almost everything over time (CPU, MB, RAM, GPU, disks, case).

I'd say either the RAM or the PSU (which for some reason isn't on the list). The RAM because I don't give it much attention, and the PSU because it's usually based on what else is chosen.

for me it is the GPU, pick every other part first to suit what I need and shave down all the parts i can like going for an i3 instead of a i5/i7,grab the value 1600mhz cas9 ram and not stupid amounts just 8gb decide if i want the SSD or HDD look for a mobo that fits what I need and then with the money that is left I can fit in the biggest GPU i possibly can into what i was budgeting for.