Korean Monitors 1440p

Pteroduck

I love my X-Star 27". Only one input (no scalar for reduced lag) and it's absolutely beautiful. It'll do 96 Hz no problem, 120 Hz wonks out from time to time so I dropped it back.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love my X-Star 27". Only one input (no scalar for reduced lag) and it's absolutely beautiful. It'll do 96 Hz no problem, 120 Hz wonks out from time to time so I dropped it back.

I'm thinking about the x-star, it seems good, on par with the QNIX. Vesa mounting is gonna nag me because I have to remove the damn clear leg to get a clean mount. Is the 8ms hurting you?

I'm thinking about the x-star, it seems good, on par with the QNIX. Vesa mounting is gonna nag me because I have to remove the damn clear leg to get a clean mount. Is the 8ms hurting you?

I have mine on a VESA mount and removing the leg did indeed suck.

I'm not a response time fanatic so 8 Ms is fine for me. Even in fast paced games there's little to no smearing that's noticeable. I do notice the beautiful colors and contrast thanks to the IPS panel though. :)

I have mine on a VESA mount and removing the leg did indeed suck.

I'm not a response time fanatic so 8 Ms is fine for me. Even in fast paced games there's little to no smearing that's noticeable. I do notice the beautiful colors and contrast thanks to the IPS panel though. :)

Isn't the screen a PLS? Though I suppose the difference between is close to none

Technically yeah I think so. I lump them together along with all of the non-TN screen types. :lol:

I think I might pick up the X-star simply because its cheaper than the QNIX. They're both 8ms and PLS screens anyways. I wonder if it's worth shelling a bit more out for the Pixel perfect ones as the other forum did state that the pixel perfect guarantee was just a cheap market ploy. Any opinions?

I jumped for it. Returns to Korea are not my idea of fun. :lol:

But I love shipping things half away across the world to maybe get another defective product.

How come the Pixel perfect x-star runs you 330 but the qnix runs you 370? This is distressing....

The two are exactly the same monitor, so don't worry about the badge on it and go with the best deal.  I went for the pixel perfect model too, actually the ultimate: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Ultimate-Perfect-Pixel-Qnix-27-QX2710-Evolution-II-Slim-2560x1440-Monitor-/321376073626?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item4ad381b79a

I've had the qnix 2710 for a while now, love it, no problems with ghosting or anything with the advertised 8ms response time. I keep it overclocked 24/7 at 96hz and it's an indescribable amount better than my previous 25" 2ms TN monitor. Going to 27" /1440p was't that big of a change except the colors are def better and it just feels more responsive/ or faster/ in games too. After getting and returning two with a ton of dead pixels from ipsledmonitors, I ponied up for the ultimate pixel perfect version on ebay and it is indeed perfect.

No input lag or what not? Any problems going to 120hz?

I don't notice any input lag, and better than my last monitor.  It seems to do 120hz but won't keep the settings after restart (IIRC i actually haven't tried since I fist got it)  I've heard there is a bit of a color or gamma shift for some at the higher hz, plus it's hard to get games up to or past 120hz at 1440p and ultra settings all at the same time anyway.