BSOD When Gaming

Onion

Are you running the command prompt command as an administrator?  

If not try that first.

If your laptop still won't run chkdsk at startup, try running it from within the Windows OS.

Instructions can be found here;

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/6221-chkdsk-check-drive-errors-windows-8-a.html

I always run it as admin, most commands don't work and it throws a permissions error if I don't. Thanks for the link wev. 

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just realized something. I've actually played a lot of Euro Truck Simulator 2 and have had absolutely no issues. I'll play it for a couple hours at a time, and have no issues. However, when I play iRacing (just started up again), I have issues. I made no major changes, but a couple months ago I used to play and would never crash. 

Reinstalled the game and ran two laps and closed the game. Saw this error.

8uiP1.png

So I'm probably running out of ram (go figure, it's a low end game and I have 8 gb) and it's killing that process, which is the driver for the intel rapid storage thing. Not having it running probably messes with the hard drive and causes other drivers to quit working causing a crash. 

Closed pretty much everything and tried playing the game. Alt tabbed out to look at task manager and I had over 2 GB of RAM free while playing. Went back to it and played some more, had another crash. I need to go buy a flash drive but I'll try capitan's suggestion tomorrow. 

Hey Onion, on the topic of GSmartControl and the SMART report.  I ran it on four different SSDs (two Hynix and two Crucial).  The Hynix drives are less than a year old and the Crucial drives are about three years old.

According to GSmart all of my SSDs failed the exact same attributes as yours.  I'd say that is highly unusual and I suspect that there is an error of some sorts using that program with our SSDs.  Therefore I wouldn't lend any credence to it telling us that our drives are in "pre-failure" condition.

I also ran gsmart on my ssd and it also failed, I haven't had a blue screen or crash in over a year.(at least none that I didn't cause myself by oc'ing). Every other ssd benchmark says it's 100%.

I guess that would be my next step.  

Are you running the factory installation of 8.1 or did you install it yourself?  Are you sure that you are using all of the latest hardware drivers and also the latest BIOS revision for the motherboard in that laptop?

I guess that would be my next step.

Are you running the factory installation of 8.1 or did you install it yourself? Are you sure that you are using all of the latest hardware drivers and also the latest BIOS revision for the motherboard in that laptop?

It came with 7 and I got the free upgrade to 8, and then 8.1. All the drivers are up to date. BIOS might not be. Also, I had an issue when playing that game where my computer crashed and it reinstalled the BIOS because of an issue with it.

8w0R5.jpg