Superbowl XLIX

El_Capitan

One of the greatest Superbowl's I've seen. A 4th quarter comeback down from 10, a potential comeback with a crazy catch (against the Patriots in the Superbowl, again), and a horrible play call 2nd and 1 yard from the goal line for an interception.

Go Patriots!

I didn't even watch.  Go look at the fumble stats of the Patriots for the past few years including players who've left the team...magically their stats change.  

The commercials were even disappointing this year. :lol:

Only one or two good commercials, and the worst possible outcome for that game. Now we get to hear about how the Patriots and Tom Brady are the best thing ever. Feh.  :yucky:

Because Patriots and Brady are best thing evah. :D

I know a lot of people hate the Patriots for a lot of reasons, morals being one of them (even if they might not be guilty this time #Deflategate), but there's three reasons I like them.

1. They give a lot of players chances that no other team in the NFL thinks about giving. Especially a lot of undrafted players, free agents, and troublemakers. Somehow, the organization cleans most of them up.

2. They play an exciting game.

3. Every Superbowl appearance in the last 6 times in 14 years has been an exciting and close game (within 4 points every time).

Edited by El_Capitan

I still can't discount the facts.  No team, bar the Patriots, has a fumbling statistic that far out of the norm...that magically changes whenever a player leaves the team.

I still can't discount the facts.  No team, bar the Patriots, has a fumbling statistic that far out of the norm...that magically changes whenever a player leaves the team.

Facts can always be arranged to persuade people to look at data in a limited way. Here's a good read.

http://regressing.deadspin.com/why-those-statistics-about-the-patriots-fumbles-are-mos-1681805710

I know enough about statistics to ignore BS. I have no stake in any team...but cheating is cheating.

Then we're back at square one, and "innocent until proven guilty". I get called a cheater everytime I play a RTS or FPS game. I call it a compliment. :)