El_Capitan's Watercooled Bitfenix Prodigy mini-ITX Build (mini-Wor

El_Capitan

Thanks! Eventually the fan wires will be moved towards the front with a fan controller for extra bling and geared towards silence or extra cooling if needed. I'll also be tying up the front panel wires so they're not hanging around. Then use one more blue LED on the motherboard side somewhere. Then it should be 100% complete.

Red, what do you mean by "light" mods?

Oh that, you have the case listed as "lightly modded' I was just wondering what the list of mods are that you've done to the Prodigy.

Now this type of build, an over the top build or one for LAN Party use is what the Prodigy is made for. For general ITX building it is just to big in my opinion, even for a gamer rig.

Yeah, my wife's mini-itx build is half the size of the Prodigy, and just as quiet. Just can't really overclock too much or include a watercooled graphics card. This is mostly a show-off rig. :)

For our gamer build we selected the Node 304. I am able to mount a 120mm or 140mm radiator cooler with the case as it is, no modding. You could water cool everything with modding if you took the time. I found however the large grill for air intake for the GPU and using a nice dual fan GPU means I do not have tempo issues and no real noise issues even under load.

Thx for the compliments fellas.

The light modding that was done was the installation of the side window from the person that had the Prodigy before me. That's pretty much it.

Once the fan controller comes in, the build should be complete. It will add extra silence by being able to further lower the speed of the fans. It also gives flexibility to ncrease them for extra cooling if needed (and it's really not needed). The only real benefit of the build is including the graphics card in the watercooling loop, so there's the option of gaming in near complete silence. Not to mention being able to overclock, and not worrying about heating the other components inside the case.

Finally all done! Added the NZXT Sentry 2 Fan Controller. It also helped reduce some wire clutter, which was nice, although it doesn't really lessen the sound levels as I'd hoped for complete silence (due to those Corsair SP120 High Performance fans), but at least I can increase the fan speed or turn fans to spin lower or even off, without having to open up the case and replace adapters.