iPhone4

OCFreak

Since most if not all apple products are way over priced to me it's doubtful I will ever own any of them. I am happy with my gophone version of the LG Neon I got a few weeks ago. From the people I have met in Oklahoma city with iphone in the past year or 2 have had an 80% chance to say the apps are great the phone sucks. Having that kind of rep is another reason to keep me away from it as I need a phone that works not the apps.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had signal issues with every phone I have ever owned with holding it a certain way. Its not a new issue. Most phones will do it.

I can honestly say I have never owned a phone that would drop signal if I held it a certain way and I have held phones in some weird positions (don't ask) lol.

I can honestly say I have never owned a phone that would drop signal if I held it a certain way and I have held phones in some weird positions (don't ask) lol.

Me either actually. Though this HTC Evo is the first "real" smartphone I have ever owned.

:withstupid: I own an iPhone 3GS and I haven't had any signal issues due to the way I've held it.

No issues to report with my new iPhone. Never had any issues with the old one. Only had one day where AT&T was all screwy. Even had signal in the middle of the backcountry when I went hiking and needed to get an emergency message out. I refuse to take someone elses word for it....I'll test stuff out myself and make up my own mind. People will always find something to complain about.

I live in NYC, where apparently AT&T has fixed the service, and I can reproduce the antennae issue. I can do it just sitting here in my apartment. Holding the phone in my left hand will eventually, after about 20 seconds, will usually give me a dropped call due to loss of reception.

I am insanely disappointed with Apple, I can't believe that this made it past even the first stages of R&D let alone made it to market. I refuse to pay for a bumper that resolves a hardware issue that they overlooked.

No issues to report with my new iPhone. Never had any issues with the old one. Only had one day where AT&T was all screwy. Even had signal in the middle of the backcountry when I went hiking and needed to get an emergency message out. I refuse to take someone elses word for it....I'll test stuff out myself and make up my own mind. People will always find something to complain about.

Have you actually taken the bumper off and attempted to duplicate the issue? :P

Have you actually taken the bumper off and attempted to duplicate the issue? :P

Why would I want to do that? WHY would I create an issue where I have none? I'm not going to use the phone without the bumber as I can hold it better etc etc. Sooo...again...why?

Why would I want to do that? WHY would I create an issue where I have none? I'm not going to use the phone without the bumber as I can hold it better etc etc. Sooo...again...why?

Because you stated "I refuse to take someone elses word for it....I'll test stuff out myself and make up my own mind.", yet you haven't actually conducted said test.

Because you stated "I refuse to take someone elses word for it....I'll test stuff out myself and make up my own mind.", yet you haven't actually conducted said test.

I wasn't refering to that. I'm talking about people that won't try an iPhone because of what "somebody said". I can understand not getting one because of the price. I'm not trying to convince myself of the iPhone. I already love it.

Also, again...i'm not going to create a problem just so I can see first hand that it's there. The issue is already fixed. I don't make a habit of exercising futility.

The whole point is that the phone should work out the box. It would be like buying a car and the company that designed the car stating that it will only work if your seat is in the perfect position.

I realize that you don't have the issue, but that is because you are using a bumper. What if I don't want to use one? Shouldn't the phone work without the need to purchase of a $30 piece of .ing rubber?

Don't really understand how this wouldn't have been noticed while they tested the device internally. Something seems amiss. Smooth, Apple.

Its ok because they are fixing this with the upcoming iPhone 4GS that's releasing next month.