8.1 upgrade?

Gremlin

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm I don't see Windows 8.1 when I go to store...

I was under the impression that anyone who purchased Windows 8 got this upgrade through the store.  Enterprise users being the exception.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/121043-windows-8-1-now-available-everything-you-need-to-know-before-you-install

Edited by InCrYsIs

Why would MS do that.........remove the rating system.  That was fun.  Anyway, 8.1 is a fine update, no reason not to update.  I disabled the  load desktop task before I updated to 8.1.  No problems. However, seemed to take a considerably long time to update, about 1/2 hour. 

now that we've gotten this all sorted out (huh) , what's a good wiper program to get rid of my newly created windows.old ? ,...i forget what i used last time...

now that we've gotten this all sorted out (huh) , what's a good wiper program to get rid of my newly created windows.old ? ,...i forget what i used last time...

Can't just delete it?

no but i figured it out...you hafta do the right click on C: drive, properties, disk clean up, checkmark in "previous windows installations" and then run it...

that took care of it...