Next (8th) Gen Console Predictions

Fogel

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh my Xbox is approaching 3 years, mostly people who can't take care of their consoles make up the stats...

"Made up" you say? Alright... I'll just leave this here.

Xbox 360s made in the last three years don't have as high of a problem as the earlier consoles, so claiming your three old system is fine is not a big indicator.

Everyone can see my stance on used games on the front page and in the newsletter. If the Next Xbox and PS4 block or restrict used games, I'll be gaming on my PC all the time.

The life of a 360 console is hit or miss. My friend went through like 6 or more 360 replacements (most recent was the newer GoW3 edition one). His sat on top of a drawer, not in a cabinet or on the floor where they would get really dusty. His friends went through a lot of replacements as well haha.

Personally, I only went through one (video card died, Halo 3 release bundle).

Edited by AZNguyen

The life of a 360 console is hit or miss. My friend went through like 6 or more 360 replacements (most recent was the newer GoW3 edition one). His sat on top of a drawer, not in a cabinet or on the floor where they would get really dusty. His friends went through a lot of replacements as well haha.

My 360 and Wii have each had their disc drive fail. My PS3 got grounded when I had it on the carpeted floor for a bit (stupid mistake).

Both my PS3 and Wii are launch consoles, the 360 is one of the first Elite models.

Not only did my first XBox 360 get the RRoD so did everyone I work with ...but one. She also sold her xbox though.

I think you are confusing the PS4 with the Next Xbox.

:withstupid:

That and I backed up my information with source links at the bottom of each console section in the OP.

Edited by Fogel

Wii Sports (76.76 million)

Mario Kart Wii (31.91 million)

Wii Sports Resort (29.87 million)

Wii Play (27.38 million)

New Super Mario Bros. Wii (25.47 million)

Wii Fit (22.61 million)

Wii Fit Plus (20.24 million)

Even the lowest one on that list beats any game released on the Xbox 360 and PS3.

Wii U 'not up to the same level' as PS3, Xbox 360 - Developers

That can't be good for trying to expand your player base. This console may just flop, or end up like CoD (name brand purchase). I still say parents will be all over this for the price. Parents are clueless :D

1) wii sports doesnt count as it was bundled. and if im not mistaken wii sports resort was also bundled with the wii at one stage. ditto mario kart wii

2) when you have a potential user base of 1.5 times your competition. you'd hope your games sell close 1.5 times better. admitedly 31m divided by 1.5 is still 20 million. significantly more than xbox & ps3.

3) the top 5 games on that list i would consider "party" games. i.e. most enjoyable with a group of friends. super mario galaxy is the highest selling single player with a significantly lower 10m copies. i mentioned it before that i cant see many wii owners being the type to have the latest and greatest. therefore i cant see all 31million mario kart owners rushing out to get the latest iteration of the game

I dont think that when you're essentially including a tablet pc and a console, that this could retail anywhere under $499USD at launch. so i cant see parents being all over it unless it launches at $299 or less. Which IMO would be very unlikely. plus you can a Xbox 360 with kinect for less than that.

I dont think that when you're essentially including a tablet pc and a console, that this could retail anywhere under $499USD at launch. so i cant see parents being all over it unless it launches at $299 or less. Which IMO would be very unlikely. plus you can a Xbox 360 with kinect for less than that.

Parents/Grandparents will buy name brands, I see a lot of 7-10 year olds using iPads haha. Well, find out at E3 on the price, hopefully.

If this thing isn't priced to compete with the 360/PS3, then it'll be a mistake.

Edited by AZNguyen

That's pretty much with everything digital and what not :( BP you shouldn't change quotes, there is quite a difference between make up and 'made up'.

Edited by Dan The Gamer