Official Socket AM2 / AM2+ / AM3 Overclocking Competition Thread

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i guess my meat locker is my back yard

No, I was pretty serious.

Outside wasnt cold enough, Cant afford liquid cooling or phase exchange so I went to my local deli.

I asked them if I could overclock in the meat locker.

They agreed if I bought a overly expensive sandwich ($7).

I could feel the life getting sucked out of me it was so cold.

Edited by CAINuKe

• 1 month later...

ok kudos to the guy taking time out of his day to sit in a frozen room just to overclock on air. quite ambitious! I cant say the same for myself, im too lazy to upload all my screenshots and etc. so here is a summary of my system and numbers i got... if you want proof msg me and i'll post it.

Asus M4A785-M Bios 0702

Athlon IIx4 620 @2.6 GHz stock

OCZ Fatality 800MHZ, 4GB.

Ultra LSP 650W PSU

Gigabyte ATI 4650 1GB.

Unlocked 6 MB L3, on stock cooling and voltage it can go almost 3.2Ghz, a small increase in voltage got me 3.250Ghz. but i didnt like the temps (max 62) and i think at 63 my system shut down only due to temp.

Currently, CPU @ 3.016 Ghz, (232x13), Ram @ 2.1v 464x2 Mhz. HT @ 2310 been running great for a few weeks, updated bios tonight and put everything to stock before update then back to OC after update, all is well, no problems to begin with anyways. and when i did get the 3.2 i also turned down the RAM and HT speeds by one notch. 3.1GHZ was fine in all aspects but i like even numbers better. so mostly everything is on AUTO except Core clock, Ram Voltage, and ACC function at this time.