Bye Bye Creative

x keo21

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly, this would piss me off even further if I was Daniel_K :rolleyes: First threatening to bust him, then playing all nice and wanting to coorporate with him! But I guess 242 pages of discussion on the Creative forums speak a very direct language :lol:

What other choice would they have when no news story will show both sides of the story, all of it is just bashing Creative when they know absolutely nothing about whats going on.

The story from Creative's side should include helping Daniel_K. It's a simple thing essentially:

1.) Creative tries to sell the cards

2.) The cards don't work with Vista

2.5) Customers don't want cards that don't work in Vista

3.) Dude comes along, makes cards work in Vista

4.) Creative bans the guy for helping them keep their customers?!?!

:rolleyes:

Obviously you don't know whats going on either, read the rest of the thread to see a small bit of reasons why Creative HAD to remove the drivers.

:Edit: Theres plenty of other reasons in other forums as well, but I don't exactly feel like finding all of them.

Edited by Cyrosis

:withstupid:

Had to do with licensing and whatnot, but you gotta admit, it was still a pretty dick move. Would have been much better to have hired the guy than threaten him.

:withstupid:

Had to do with licensing and whatnot, but you gotta admit, it was still a pretty dick move. Would have been much better to have hired the guy than threaten him.

I can agree it wasn't the best move they could have made, so theres points to be made on each side. It always just pisses me off when anything like this happens to a big business, their fault or not, the internet feels the need to gang rape anything thats run by more then two guys in their basement, regardless if they know whats going on or not.

Edited by Cyrosis

I have a creative X-Fi extreme music that works just fine under XP. Oddly enough, even with the new drivers, it's crap under Vista. I can understand the whole marketing strategy for Creative, but what the hell do they want me to upgrade to if even the newest drivers for the x-fi don't work properly under vista. I have none of the functionality in Vista that I have in XP, and worse, I can't seem to get the microphone right to use my headset in ventrillo. On a side note, do the drivers that Daniel_K came up with work with the x-fi, or just the audigy cards? :blink:

I believe his drivers cover a few issues on the X-FI cards as well.

To be honest, I don't really care at all that Creative gimped their own cards under vista. I'm still using XP Pro and if I ever feel the need to go out and buy a gaming sound card, they'll still be at the top of my list.