Thermaltake v9 Black disarming Help!

3 or 4 months ago I have posted I had problems with the rear 120mm Fan. I replaced it.

After that the lateral 230mm Fan started to fail too. I put some oil which seem it helped a lot!

Now I have another problem. This bloody thermaltake have another TOP 230mm Fan which also is having some movement, specially when I turn on the PC. But is likely near to Fail every day more and more so i need to oil it just like the other

The thing is the lateral one is easy to disarm and clean but the top????? I have opened the case before, cleaned it 2 times but haven't found any way to disarm the Top fan. Can't get it out from it's position. I don't want to be tampering without knowledge in case I might break something. Is there any guide, tutorial or something on how to get the top fan out to put oil and see if that helps?

This is the case in case you dont know it

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133074

Thank you!

ps: Never in your life commit the same mistake with crazy cases with 230mm Fan. I can't get a replacement for that, at least in Argentina. Nearly impossible to get one of those. The only option is maybe buy from another country and hope it arrive well and have not problems.. im really screwed witht this..

Edited by Fragsman

I'm sure you could replace those fans with 120mm or 140mm fans by just moving the screws to different locations, if those fans are easier to buy where you are from change them, they will work almost just as good and will be much better to replace. :rolleyes:

Wohooo.. I learnet a lot today.. in fact this is the firs time I disarm motherboard. Never did that before. I think I reached the max point of disarming.

DIsarmed the whole GPU, now the whole PC. Well I put all back in the same place I just tried to remember + some knowledge.

What I hadnt clear it was the pins from the frontal switches to the mobo but there is info in the motherboard and the case as well, nothing hard but i prefer to take pictures instead reading the whole manual to see where it goes the red blue etc pin^^^

and what? FAN is working like CHARM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a little bit of oil and so far not a single sound or crash. Today it was like *bum* *crash* *slam* ... it even stopped working because it crashed with something... the FAN was moving a lot. Well this is the second 23cm FAN "so far" (please god let me play with this at least one more year) that Ihave repaired...

The crap is in Argentina I Cant buy this... nobody sells.. not even thermaltake. Only in USA and not so sure. When you go to buy the item ther are no results so my advice is never buy a case with 23cm FAN... nobody in the fukin world sell replacements.. not even the MFG.. I tought thermaltake was a 10 company. Because of this I give a 7. Seriously.

Happy ending

It is BROKEN.. it loosened again and started to crash again... GRRRRRRRRRRRR....

I think my father will try something on it to make it stay more firmly. Otherwise I will have to research on how to stick perhaps 4x8cm FAN in the same place because the 23cm one is not attached to nothing, it just fits between some plastics and it won't move. But there are no screws holding it so there is no chance to use screws for put 8, 12 or 14cm FANs unless I modify the case myself which seems very unreliable and unviable.

Any suggestion would be appreciated :). I'm looking for the space of 23cm and compare with 8/12/14cm to see what Can I do.

For now I will simply disconnect the 23cm FAN and let that HUGE hole in the top of the case. I will have to cover with something to avoid extreme dust enter from there.

140mm,200mm will do if you could find one.  then mount it with double sided foam tape/zip ties.

or this:

I would run the system without that fan and see how much of a difference it makes. Leave the slot open, you will still get some natural convection.