So.... Now I Get To Walk The EFF Out Of My Job

Rokkaholik

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already got that out there to one of the bosses who is a Ford guy. I had a few other people come out to talk to me today and wish me well. They expressed interest in getting new vehicles soon as well. I told them to at least wait until I'm on my own so the trainer doesn't snag up all my commission :whistling:

Man. My dad tells me these exact same stories, he has a whole collection. He can do mechanical engineering, but now he mostly does data management.

Incompetent co-workers, supervisors who are less knowledgeable than the incompetent employees. He once quit because of a "mary" character. That was a tough year.

Seems to me you will find these people everywhere and anywhere you go... Argh....

I would assume being a car salesman would be quite a volatile job, gotta be quick on your feet. Best of luck! Let us know how it goes.

That's why I'm trying to make this my job title.

That%E2%80%99s-what-it-says-on-my-Boss%E

Good on you!! Sounds like things will start to change there, I feel like that happened at a Lonestar steakhouse I worked at a couple years back. It was an awful job and they worked everyone like dogs and I felt like I held that place together. After I quit, the place went out of business like a week or so later lol

IVYTHOS, if something changes, it'll be Rokk's life mostly. If he's cut for selling, he'll get a better salary and less stressful conditions. Wish him best of luck.

Tho being a salesman is not for everyone I discovered, I was laid off because I don't have the required personality traits.

That shop he worked for, will NOT change for the best. First, they offer low salaries, poor working conditions and the people there
aren't motivated/motivating. Some people are thinking, I'll be working for my salary's worth, no more. At the contrary, look at Rokk's,

he's been busting his ass off, no reward came, only crap from lazy supervisors. I was in a similar condition.

I have exactly felt this way, not long ago. They rely on you, but they are thinking:" let's try to corner him and make him feel he needs to do the dirty work."

EFF this, they are trying to make you their b*tch. I will go where no one will want to go, but this is a job, it is not for my pleasure. Don't cross me.

I too did change of employer, the worst part being that now I am working for their competitor. I don't feel bad at all.They even somewhat "bullied" my actual supervisor,
convincing the higher direction that they could not employ me, saying that my actual supervisor had a big role of me leaving them.

They even tried to mention an old employee non-exchange agreement. That did not work either.

That burning bridges thing, well, you surely know as a salesman that you have to have two faces, mostly with people you can't stand. Leave the grudge
behind you, as they will not boss you around anymore.

I've kept it pretty civil with the supervisor and lead. They are both unhappy I'm leaving, mostly because I think they know they'll have a hell of a time getting someone willing to put up with crap as long as I did. I said it before and I will again. There are some VERY good people there that DO work hard for their money. Sadly, there's also scum suckers that slide through the day doing nothing, but looking busy doing it. Some of those people I don't mind as people, but I couldn't stand working with them.

I get the trainee on Monday. He already has background in brazing and welding so the mechanical stuff should be easy. The timing of each thing to keep the flow consistant is the hard part as that specific job can be a severe bottleneck with all the duties they piled on me. They may have to re-dispurse the job duties a little to make the timeline work better. I've told them that for the last 8 months or so, but nobody seems to listen.

I wish them luck...

Edited by Rokkaholik

IVYTHOS, if something changes, it'll be Rokk's life mostly. If he's cut for selling, he'll get a better salary and less stressful conditions. Wish him best of luck.

Tho being a salesman is not for everyone I discovered, I was laid off because I don't have the required personality traits.

I'm thinking I do have them based on how much customer service training I've had in the past. I was also a very good "suggest seller" at the music store I worked at. Many times, a customer would come in looking for one thing and then leave with 3 or more Thanks to my recommendations. I also had one guy that would specifically want to know when I worked as he would come back every 2 weeks to buy 3-4 more CD's each time because I could recommend stuff he had never heard of and he loved it. I'd like to think of it as still doing sales, just with more money involved

I'm thinking I do have them based on how much customer service training I've had in the past. I was also a very good "suggest seller" at the music store I worked at. Many times, a customer would come in looking for one thing and then leave with 3 or more Thanks to my recommendations. I also had one guy that would specifically want to know when I worked as he would come back every 2 weeks to buy 3-4 more CD's each time because I could recommend stuff he had never heard of and he loved it. I'd like to think of it as still doing sales, just with more money involved

I've spent a lot of time at car dealerships, just checking out new cars, looking at prices, etc. From what I've seen, I really think car sales is the easiest type of sales. Most of the people that walk in to a dealership have no idea what they want and how much they want to spend. If you make it seem like a good deal that'll only be there for a little while, they'll buy it on the spot.

I've spent a lot of time at car dealerships, just checking out new cars, looking at prices, etc. From what I've seen, I really think car sales is the easiest type of sales. Most of the people that walk in to a dealership have no idea what they want and how much they want to spend. If you make it seem like a good deal that'll only be there for a little while, they'll buy it on the spot.

I agree, I think it's all about keeping them on the lot. The best thing to probably do would be get familiar with all the competing models from other makes and their prices so you're ready to fire back any of the customer's uncertainties with why they ought to buy a Ford _______ over the _________ _________

Very true.

Also, I'm sure you will, buy make sure you actually know what you're talking about. I can't stand it when ask how much horsepower a car has and the salesman looks at the sheet on the window. Like really? I can't read it on my own?