OCC News Letter

Dariuas

As we strive to provide the best information for our readers and members, we love to get feedback on portions of the site. As many of you know, Overclockersclub.com offers a fantastic news letter sent regularly to your email box. This lets us communicate some of the great information pumped through the site put directly in to your mail box.

We want to improve that news letter! So please, if you've not done so already, head over and sign up for our news letter, and use this thread to provide your thoughts on how to improve it.

Thank you for your time on this!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I really enjoy the OCC WEB site. The varied range of tops makes for reading which always strives to enlighten.

However, the email I received today was almost unreadable.

1. using medium blue text on a dark blue background makes for almost unreadable messages

2. using light grey text on a white background is also difficult to read.

Other than these two issues, email newsletter is O/K.

I really enjoy the OCC WEB site. The varied range of tops makes for reading which always strives to enlighten.

However, the email I received today was almost unreadable.

1. using medium blue text on a dark blue background makes for almost unreadable messages

2. using light grey text on a white background is also difficult to read.

Other than these two issues, email newsletter is O/K.

Can you send me a photo of the news letter you got? Mine came through fine.

[email protected]

I'll take a look at it. -- Thanks for the info!

Can you send me a photo of the news letter you got? Mine came through fine.

[email protected]"][email protected][/email]

I'll take a look at it. -- Thanks for the info!

I'm guessing he's using Yahoo mail, as that has its own style sheet it applies to emails to standardize links.

Add the following into the header, where the color code is what you want the links to be (my guess is orange, but I too use Yahoo, so I see blue as well):

<style type="text/css">
.yshortcuts { color:#ffffff }
.yshortcuts a span { color:#ffffff }
</style>

If you have different-colored links throughout the email, then you'll have to assign a class to said div and then add that to the above style code as well. For example, if you wanted a "reviews" section to have different color links than the rest of the email, put

class="reviews"

in the div, and then in the style, you'd add

.reviews .yshortcuts { color:#ffffff; }

Let me know if anything is unclear.

As small change would be to include just a couple more news.

4 is a little too little. I know that the mail shouldn't be like 100 pages long, but I guess somewhere between 7-10 would be better.

And maybe, for the fun of it, you could add quote of the month or something like that :)

• 1 month later...