Slim 120mm Fans

crash

Hey guys anyone know where I can find some slimmer than average 120mm fans? My fan-door on my stacker 830 will not close properly with my accelero and my 120 extreme :O

Hey guys anyone know where I can find some slimmer than average 120mm fans? My fan-door on my stacker 830 will not close properly with my accelero and my 120 extreme :O

What size fans are you using 25mm? How much more room do you need? I saw some 120 X 120 x 20mm somewhere...

Yeah, "The next biggest cooler is a CPU cooler, although a low-profile one. The Shuriken is a relatively large heatsink with another extremely thin fan. According to one of the Scythe guys, the fans are only 12mm thick (0.47 inches), something that only Scythe has been able to achieve in sizes larger than 100mm in diameter. These fans are also extremely quiet, just like we

I built one of my pals a system in a stacker 830 a few months ago. As I recall, the fan mounts in the door are designed to accept 120X25's. The plastic things that clip over the fans to hold them in place are at 25mm. So, if you get your hands on some 120X20's or even some of those Scythe 120X10's from their new GPU cooler, you're going to have to find a way to modify the mounts so that the fans don't fall out when you close the door or just from vibration over time. It might not be so good to have one of the two top fans vibrate out of the mount after a couple of weeks and fall on your video card or something.

It does leave me wondering why you're having problems, though. His TRUE allowed the door to close with fans installed. I haven't tried one of the accelaro vga coolers yet, but I'm certain I closed his door with the TRUE. Do the ends of your heat pipes stick out unusually far? Maybe you can crimp them better than they did it at the factory and bend them over a little or something..

• 3 weeks later...

Take the 120MM and mount it on the outside, I did the same with my Armour 8004 case, looks factory and leaves tons of roomey on the inside. I can post a pic if interested.

Luv the 120's and up, the 250's are really quiet and move lots of air....

Laterzzz.........

Yeah, "The next biggest cooler is a CPU cooler, although a low-profile one. The Shuriken is a relatively large heatsink with another extremely thin fan. According to one of the Scythe guys, the fans are only 12mm thick (0.47 inches), something that only Scythe has been able to achieve in sizes larger than 100mm in diameter. These fans are also extremely quiet, just like we