Cooler Master Haf X Full-Tower Chassis Examined

Nemo

OCC has looked at Cooler Master cases before including the popular HAF 932 and its smaller cousin, the HAF 922. Today we're back with a review on an upgraded member of the HAF family - Cooler Master HAF X - http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/cooler_master_haf_x/

great review. really shows that jlqrb was scraping the bottom of the barrel in trying to find thing wrong with it if the cons include "Large size not for all users" and "no room for dual power supplies" :lol2:. i do like the idea of being able to cover the psu cables at the bottom

I love my HAF 932, got it soon after it launched even. But man, do I want this new HAF X case. Looks like I'm adding it to the short list of cases for my next build. :lol:

• 1 month later...

This is an amazing case. I've been building computers for over fifteen years and this is the best case I've used to-date. Tons of room behind the MB tray to hide wiring and reduce turbulence in the airflow. Nice rubber grommets in the cabling pass-throughs and tons of fan options. I removed all the stock fans except for the front and added in the Cooler Master 200MM red LED fans including adding an additional 200mm top blowhole fan. The look goes well with the red lit ASUS Rampage III Extreme. This blows my former case (Apevia X-Jupiter) out of the water in terms of quality and ease of use. It easily accommodated my 1250 watt PSU.

Just finished the build last night and ran it through its first serious gaming session (5 straight hours ouch!). Had RealTemp running and the CPU maxed out at 52C and the dual 8800 Ultras averaged 51C with the peak at 72C on the top card. The i7 975 is stock speed and the Corsair H50 has two fans on the radiator pulling air from outside the case and exhausting out the blowholes.

Highly recommend this case.

:cheers: