MSI Contest

Bosco

Here is my Asus P5N32-E SLI Motherboard. Yeah being a poor college student I can't afford all these fancy dancy motherboards that are coming out now. This thing has lasted me a long time but it is time for an upgrade!

Anyways what I like about this board are the handy motherboard to case panel adapters, no more do you need to try and wiggle them into what you hope is the right spot on the motherboard. Plus look at all those PCI-express slots! Great review guys. Hopefully if I get some money coming my way I can upgrade my computer. I might be buying this board regardless if I win or not!

post-66459-12813232135106_thumb.jpg

imageyd.jpg

here is my mutt motherboard. its from a hp computer. I have not been able to build my own computer in about 3 years. mine is an unknown manufacture and the motherboard code is ipibl-la

yes I know, that is one ugly rat's nest but my heart is just not in it with this unit. I have been looking at building me a new unit soon.

what I like about the Big Bang Board is like everyone else is saying, I like extra PCIE slots, and USB 3.0 and SATA 6GB/S. I also like the quantity of usb slots available.

My favorite motherboard is the good old MSI K9VGM-V. Why? Because this board and I have had some history. It was originally given to me by a friend so I could upgrade from an old SKT 478 rig, to an AMD 4200+ rig. This board then stayed with me after I upgraded to an AMD 4800+. However, I soon upgraded to the ASUS Crosshair 2 and sold the MSI K9VGM-V to a member on this forum. The board re-entered my life when I purchased it back from the same member I sold it to. The board was then paired with, ironically, another 4800+ for use in a Multitouch surface I built for a school project. Once again I no longer have a use for the MSI K9VGM-V so I hope to pass it on to another member who can put it to good use. :)

differeng.jpg

What do I like about the MSI Big Bang XPower? Well for one thing, I like how the board shows that EVGA isn't the only company ballsy enough to put more PCIe X 16 slots on a motherboard then any sane person would use. I also like that it comes with the Quantum Wave Audio Card, because it allows users who are perfectly fine with integrated audio to look like they're audiophiles. (To the untrained eye of course) The OC Genie is a great feature as well. Let's face it, who would not like the ability to overclock without actually overclocking. Surprisingly, I also like the Dual 8pin Power connectors, because they intimidate my power supply and make any lesser board look like a joke. The military class components, as always, rock! and the overall layout appears to be great. I especially like the EZ-DIMM design, because I've had those experiences when you need to remove memory but you're blocked by some other piece of hardware.

Last but not least, the fact that the board's name is the Big Bang XPower makes it sound like a BEAST!

Asus M4A785TD-M Pro :D

The big bang board makes me go bang bang. LOL

I like that the motherboard is of extremely high quality ;D (mil spec components, who would not want that?), plus tons of sexy features.

post-72395-12813464737554_thumb.jpg

First one is with my old mobo ( Gigabyte Rio) and current one P5Q-PRO...

Why I like MSI ?

Well just because it's a gaming oriented motherboard ... Always loved parts that use gaming in their name :))

post-66429-12813497721315_thumb.jpgpost-66429-12813497052657_thumb.jpg

My motherboard:

post-65583-12813556989203_thumb.jpg

Foxconn BloodRage GTi.

What I like about the Big Bang Motherboard? Well, what I'll be writing won't be sucking up or the likes. I'm sure at competitions like these, people like to give the best reviews of a company, just so they can win or the likes. But I'll be stating my opinion, and my experiences with MSI. MSI have always had a hit or miss with motherboards. It's either very unreliable, or very succesful. Once again, MSI have managed to be succesful with their Big Bang series of motherboards. The Big Band XPower features plentiful PCIe slots, so it's nice to see companies embracing future technologies and risks - and one thing I cannot complain about MSI is that they always go to unventured waters - they risk a lot, and that's why they are hit and miss, and that's what make their motherboards so intriguing. With the adaption of Lucid Hydra, MSI are the first motherboard manufacturer to finally incorporate a "ballsy" technology. They've taken a step towards technology with a lot of potention, and that has shown that MSI are paving the way to newer technologies. MSI also took a risk before with the UEFI motherboards, which unfortunately didn't catch - but had great potention, and EFI motherboards are now the future and I can see that MSI will be one of the first corporations to lead us to the next generation of technological advancements. I certainly can't wait for what the future will offer us - and what new innovations MSI will be incorporating then.

Edited by MrAlex

There's "my" Biostar ta790gx a2+ (am2+) motherboard. I have a few caps about to blow and voltage regulators (or something like this) is sitting above 90degrees celsius :wacko:

anyways, MSI Big Bang XPower board. The main reason i like the big bang xpower board is the ability to use either SLI or CrossFireX. I like to switch GPU brands whenever i buy a new card. I dont own a lga1366 Cpu or anything but I am putting together a i7 build for a buddy of mine and would love to be able to put this board in the build :)

thanks OCC and MSI for putting on this contest.

Also Metro 2033 would be nice as well :P

My old faithful (and still working) MSi KT3 Ultra. 10 years of solid service it has given me but it's time to put it out to pasture now.

msif.th.jpg

Things I like about the Big Bang motherboard.. It's made by MSi who I have had nothing but good experiences with.

It's future proof (should last me another 10 years)

The bundled software it comes with.

Looks stunning.

It's new!

A perfect solution for my new build.

My Current Motherboard;

Asus P6TD Deluxe

dscf2868g.jpg

By wevsspot at 2010-08-10

Positive thoughts on the MSI motherboard;

Heat pipe cooling for power chips and northbridge

Cant go wrong with black and blue color scheme

90 degree SATA ports

USB 3.0

Onboard power and reset buttons

Oversized southbridge heatsink

Negative thoughts on MSI motherboards in general;

I quit using MSI boards after a spate of early failures dating back to the K7N2-Delta and K9 Platinum series of boards. The BIOS chip on MSI motherboards seems like it is way too easy to kill for some reason. I know, small fairly inexpensive part to replace, but a real hassle if you don't happen to have any spares on hand......

Edited by wevsspot

DSC01985.jpg

Asus P5Q Turbo

I like the new MSI Big Bang X-Power Motherboard because it has:

- USB 3.0, makes my Deathadder and Lycosa parsing speeds even faster.

- Sata 6GB/s makes reading HDs for loading even faster.

- Automatic Overclocking.

- Sick built on-board sound.

- 4 GFX Cards, nuff' said.

Edited by Weird0ne

Heres a pic of my mobo GA-68M-S2P(780g is gone for warranty) and my system just for fun :biggrin: ,Oh if u see the Indian Flag ,im not a promoting my country, it was just there :lol:,and i liked the massive overclocking capabilities and pci slots for multiple video card configs of the MSI Big Bang XPower Board.

8979c457f8.jpg

adaa492500.jpg

Edited by joel.monteiro