My brain is funny.

Waco

The circles answer is arithmatical, too. And it's technically the exact same process: Find the true value of each digit. This problem is by nature arithmatical in itself: It just tests for pattern detection, which is something that can't be taught but must instead be naturally possessed.

Check it against your own (by checking the final actual values you posted.)

I just made the comment about using arithmetic in response to Nyt's comment. Really the question is algebraic, which is based on values and representation, as opposed to arithmetic which deals just with operations and calculations. The question could be repeated with letters and work the same, or any other set of symbols.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just made the comment about using arithmetic in response to Nyt's comment. Really the question is algebraic, which is based on values and representation, as opposed to arithmetic which deals just with operations and calculations. The question could be repeated with letters and work the same, or any other set of symbols.

Yeah I was thinking algabraic myself, but was trying not to sound like a troll by correcting you lol. Just pointing out that even though the answer is based on "circles", it's still a numbers problem.

I may not be alone but I don't get it even knowing the answer i still don't get it

It's just adding up the "loops" on the numbers themselves.

0 = 1

1 = 0

2 = 0

3 = 0

4 = 0

5 = 0

6 = 1

7 = 0

8 = 2

9 = 1

aka didn't figure it out :lol:

Didn't figure it out because I thought it was an actual math problem, not some counting circles logic crap. If I wanted logic problems, I'd retake the SAT.

Didn't figure it out because I thought it was an actual math problem, not some counting circles logic crap. If I wanted logic problems, I'd retake the SAT.

What did you get on the SAT then? If you don't mind me asking... :teehee:

What did you expect? :lol: Clearly it's not a math problem if preschool kids can do it. :P