GTX 590 Reviewed

Bosco

This thread turned into win with Bosco and ccokeman talking about high electricity bills. =D

Yeah, should be Energy Audit's reviewed lol

No idea really. We documented it in Neoseeker's review, no idea why other sites are not. I guess worried about not getting cards down the road I dunno.

Yeah but wouldn't that be the same story for Nvidia regarding the 590s??

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is making me wonder how effective folding is to research as opposed to just directly donating our electric bills to the cause. I wouldn't stop folding either way, I'm just curious.

Yeah but wouldn't that be the same story for Nvidia regarding the 590s??

You have to realize the amount of hardware we were folding with to stay in the top three on the team. It was usually me, Bosco and Roadrunner as the top three in daily production.

You have to realize the amount of hardware we were folding with to stay in the top three on the team. It was usually me, Bosco and Roadrunner as the top three in daily production.

I'm currently pulling around 24000PPD and that's with one computer (in sig) running 24/7 or as near it as that as I can achieve. I'm not sure I want to know what you three have for your PPD's, when you're fully folding.

We were folding back when that points generated were nowhere near what is being put out now by a single machine. If I were to go back to the 11 rigs I had folding the power bill and point production would skyrocket.

Nvidia doesn't hold grudges like AMD does.

I'm sure you know more about this than me, but didn't nVidia refuse to let them have any of the 400 and 500 series because they were pushing the HD5000 series? Still, that's the only example that I can think of while you can probably list a few more for either company (nVidia or AMD).

Hopefully they can get everything worked out, because those cards are quite an investment to lose.

Nvidia refused cards to who?

I have never had any issues with Nvidia when it comes to reviews and samples, AMD, CPU side is awesome, Video Card side they are out to lunch.

I think that's the story. I could be remembering wrong. I'm trying to find the news on it now.

Update: Here's what I've found:

Techspot XFX will not offer Fermi-based graphics cards at launch

Fudzilla XFX officially stops doing Nvidia

Softpedia XFX Won't Launch Fermi GTX 400 Cards

nVidia Authorized Board Partners (XFX is no longer on the list)

XFX's site doesn't list any newer nVidia card than the 200 series, but has HD6000's.

Edited by Guest_Jim_*

That XFX situation was ridiculous. I never understood it, as most all the other manufacturers were selling both Nvidia and AMD graphics cards, anyway. It must have been something really personal.