upgrade phenom 820 to 1075t?

or is it not worth it. I seem to be cpu limited in most games.. especially these mmos. should i just save up and get a newmobo and intel i5 3570? lol.

passmark score goes from 3500 to 5377. the i5 is 7130 score. but that would also be more then double the money. wondering how much fps increase i would see in games like bf3 and crysis 2. in these crap mmos obviously not much since its only 2.8 to 3.0hz.

and do they even sell the 1075t anymore. its out of stock on newegg.com and amazon.com? am I out of luck?  I can't even find the 1090t or 1100. wow.

EDIT:   holy cow they don't sell the phenoms anywhere anymore.   so much for upgrading this pc.  :(

Edited by RichAC

ya but that means i need a new mobo, cause this one won't take the fx, and if thats the case i might as well go intel.

EDIT:   I just made a vow to myself never to buy intel.  ever.  I think its best for mankind that way :)   might not be great for me though haha.

Edited by RichAC

Oh I would have assumed there was a bios update to handle an FX

unfortunately not :(

I'd aim for a 1055T then, unless you can find a 1075T or higher cheaper, the 1055T would overclock just as well.

From where you are getting 1075T at the first place?

THere are MANY better options than that. From 820 to 1075T is not a worthy upgrade at this point of time.

As suggested by many others before me, take a look at FX-8350 and its offerings..

From where you are getting 1075T at the first place?

THere are MANY better options than that. From 820 to 1075T is not a worthy upgrade at this point of time.

As suggested by many others before me, take a look at FX-8350 and its offerings..

His board doesn't support the FX's unfortunately