M-Atx case for 7970 Crossfire.

Where do they say 190W in that link? they will consume more than 75+2x75=225W otherwise they would not go for more than 2x6-pin connectors...

My Palit GTX460's have two 6 pin PCI-E connectors but their TDP is only 151W if I recall correctly. If the manufacturer specifies over 150W TDP for their graphics card they have to fit two 6 pin PCI-E connectors so their power consumption could be anywhere between 151~225W.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Palit GTX460's have two 6 pin PCI-E connectors but their TDP is only 151W if I recall correctly. If the manufacturer specifies over 150W TDP for their graphics card they have to fit two 6 pin PCI-E connectors so their power consumption could be anywhere between 151~225W.

But they don't have 2x6-pin, they have 6-pin + 8-pin, therefore 2x6-pin is not enough so it must be more than 225W. The power envelope is 225-300W (for this engineering sample). I would actually think they could lower this with final chips, or go even higher if needed for some extra MHz.

if you look closely on the board it has pins for 2x8-pin even, but two pins are not soldered in.

SWEclockers say that the TDP is 300W according too leaks

i actually prefer to have more power connectors, cause with dual 6pin you could run into some power issues when overclocking, but with 6 and 8, unless doing ln2 or crazy stuff like that, the chip will die before it runs out of power