Is There An Easy Way To Switch Between Speakers And Headphones?

LivingGhost

Guest Flashstar

Do it the easy way and just get a splitter. It WILL NOT decrease quality unless something is plugged into it. This is simply because although the splitter "splits" all of the time, it only causes increased resistance when you plug more than one thing into it. I recommend just getting an extension cable and plugging that into one side of the splitter so that you can just unplug your headphones when you don't need them. This will almost eliminate resistance and will not create a very noticable drain on quality unless you leave your headphones plugged into the extension cord on your desk all of the time. I don't really see any other easier way of doing this. Unless you like messing around and are willing to lose a sound card I do not currently recommend Hardnrg's method. Well, choose a method, but I think that you will appreciate the simplicity of my suggestion. :)

you can't "lose a soundcard" by making an audio switch-box Flashstar... it's not like you are modding the soundcard ;)

all it is, is a 6 channel switch, one way routes all the sound to the speakers, the other to the headphones :)

admittedly, very few people would go to the trouble to make this and would go for the easy splitter way hehe

Guest Flashstar

you can't "lose a soundcard" by making an audio switch-box Flashstar... it's not like you are modding the soundcard ;)

all it is, is a 6 channel switch, one way routes all the sound to the speakers, the other to the headphones :)

admittedly, very few people would go to the trouble to make this and would go for the easy splitter way hehe

Well, I'm sure one could modify his card to achieve the same result. :P

EDIT: You're welcome ghost.