R9 290X...The game changer

IVIYTH0S

I'm not sure how much weight I give that. Synthetic + No Proof? I'll wait for actual, confirmed gaming benches.

That's what I was thinking. If the launch date is close then it might be around the final product unless some butthurt guy made it ha. 

I believe the 290 will be the real game changer if AMD continues the pricing trend of the X variant.

Edited by DanTheGamer11

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually wanted to start a thread, but I was waiting until the OCC review was released. Oh well.. :teehee:

Well I do like the card and the price is a game changer. Still, I am going to Nvidia.

i am still suprised why occ dont have a card/review yet while there are plenty of reviews online for several days now.

May be you should PM Bosco to know more details about the reason because of which its review is not here.

why would i?

i am sure they have their reasons why it is late, it is not like i am demanding a review, i am just curious what holds occ back, thats all :/

cant a guy be surprised at something with getting a backlash these days?

i like how that ''amdsucks'' user trying to start a flamewar and the only ones that respond are ''nvidia-sucks'' users xD

Edited by WarWeeny

I'm not sure how much weight I give that. Synthetic + No Proof? I'll wait for actual, confirmed gaming benches.

+1, synthetic's are dumb but hey if it keeps others moving the memory and ssd industry along (while I get the cheaper products that are realistically identical to the more expensive ones...) keep on keepin' on! lol

i am still suprised why occ dont have a card/review yet while there are plenty of reviews online for several days now.

May be you should PM Bosco to know more details about the reason because of which its review is not here.

why would i?

i am sure they have their reasons why it is late, it is not like i am demanding a review, i am just curious what holds occ back, thats all :/

cant a guy be surprised at something with getting a backlash these days?

i like how that ''amdsucks'' user trying to start a flamewar and the only ones that respond are ''nvidia-sucks'' users xD

Uh, I'm an NVIDIA fanboy and I replied to him :P

Better driver support + PhysX + generally better performance in the games I actually care about = I'll continue to go green for the foreseeable future.

I actually wanted to start a thread, but I was waiting until the OCC review was released. Oh well.. :teehee:

Well I do like the card and the price is a game changer. Still, I am going to Nvidia.

normal_explain-this-bullshit.jpeg

Better driver support + PhysX + generally better performance in the games I actually care about = I'll continue to go green for the foreseeable future.

I've never had a problem with AMD drivers... PhysX isn't widespread, and they're usually neck to neck in performance lol

Edited by IVIYTH0S

+1, synthetic's are dumb but hey if it keeps others moving the memory and ssd industry along (while I get the cheaper products that are realistically identical to the more expensive ones...) keep on keepin' on! lol

At least whoever benched/made up the score coulda used 2013 version.

Hey Black what if the 290 is better? :D Can't wait to see the non ref versions.

I've never had a problem with AMD drivers... PhysX isn't widespread, and they're usually neck to neck in performance lol

PhysX is becoming more popular and believe me, it makes games much more immersive. Anyone who still thinks PhysX doesn't matter clearly hasn't played the Arkham games with PhysX on high.

IVIYTH0S Well I am expecting serious price drops from Nvida, so I am looking for a good deal on a GTX 780.

Can't argue that, but what if they don't? (Too proud or if the 290x goes up to the 780 price instead?)

Basically whichever is cheaper.

PhysX is becoming more popular and believe me, it makes games much more immersive. Anyone who still thinks PhysX doesn't matter clearly hasn't played the Arkham games with PhysX on high.

I haven't played the Arkham games....at all (yet) :P. I wish they'd just offload the physics to the CPU so our high powered CPUs actually get a workout and then the proprietary crap would end.

IVIYTH0S Well I am expecting serious price drops from Nvida, so I am looking for a good deal on a GTX 780.

Can't argue that, but what if they don't? (Too proud or if the 290x goes up to the 780 price instead?)

Basically whichever is cheaper.

Guess we'll see!