mini itx prodigy build

aec0691

Hiya, this will be a first time build, but looking to immerse myself into the finer parts of computer building, however i just want to start with a fairly simple yet powerful ITX build and i have had a bit of looking aound and have the following list of components i think would make for a good build, however im sure there is room for improvement

-BitFenix Prodigy

-Palit GeForce 670 (not jetstream, i got given this card any reviews?)

-Silverstone Strider 650W

-ASRock Z77E-ITX Mini ITX Motherboard

-Intel i5 3670k

-CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler (is H80 a better option, or is this sufficient for low OC)

-WD Black 2TB

-Corsair Vengeance CML16GX3M2A1600C10 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3

-some sort of 256GB SSD most likely samsung

-a touch screen fan controller in the optical drive bay

another major question is what fans should i use for the rest of case and for the cooler? prefereably quiet fans

Thankyou,

any input is much appreciated :)

I keep looking at that case wanting to do a build!

Then do one haha I think you may need to ask bosco to review one after all its now available in orange and red and we need to see if they're as good as the white and black ones

Why you are keen to select Palit GTX670? Are they cheaply priced? If not, then think about getting GTX670 from other more popular companies.

ABout chassis fan query, any normal set of fans will do.

i have enjoyed building upscale performance with low power consumption in the form of mini itx ...you can really do alot and have fun with the hardware that's out there today...in fact, not to long ago i went from a strong running celeron 1.2 zotac ion culv wifi i got from aj to an asus e45m1-I deluxe and have had excellent results with both... mini itx mobo swap on fb

i got given one, and already have it

Oh, ok. Then enjoy the card.

And talking about cooler, technically H80 > Hyper 212 EVO. But as you have said that you are interested only in mild overclocking, I would suggest you to go with Hyper 212 EVO instead of H80. In my opinion, H80 would be overkill for the scenario you have described.