Sapphire R9 280X Toxic Reviewed

Bosco

Frank has a card and is testing it.

I was thinking AMD did good with pricing until I opened my email this morning and saw the big price drops from NVIDIA. Nice to have wars to drive the prices down :)

Frank has a card and is testing it.

I was thinking AMD did good with pricing until I opened my email this morning and saw the big price drops from NVIDIA. Nice to have wars to drive the prices down :)

Now it all comes down to what the 780Ti can do... it'll have to be faster than the Titan (which the 290x beats pretty handily and is cheaper)

BTW, nice overclocked 7970 in the review mate lol

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Or you know, we've had it on the front page since this morning. :P

IVI, the Titan is more than just a gaming card. It's a Tesla card that's also no slouch in gaming.

Or you know, we've had it on the front page since this morning. :P

IVI, the Titan is more than just a gaming card. It's a Tesla card that's also no slouch in gaming.

I know but it's still better than the 780 by a tad so it's still worth a mention.

Right now the 780 is the beast in the closet in that it is oh so close to Titan performance for a few hundred bucks less. The fact that the 280X Toxic is that close to it is even sicker with revamped Tahiti silicon and some big clocks.

The question is how is the 780Ti going to perform and at what price point?  As it sits R9 280X is in the cat birds seat. Especially this card from Sapphire. 

Right now the 780 is the beast in the closet in that it is oh so close to Titan performance for a few hundred bucks less. The fact that the 280X Toxic is that close to it is even sicker with revamped Tahiti silicon and some big clocks.

The question is how is the 780Ti going to perform and at what price point?  As it sits R9 280X is in the cat birds seat. Especially this card from Sapphire. 

Yeah I was surprised what a super refined 7970 can do :O