Good Telescopes?

ir_cow

So the mounts are the ones that control star tracking? Otherwise its a very costly tri-pod. I would like to photography Nebulas and star clusters and maybe constellations. You were talking about over powered, so your saying its not possible to zoom-out a little or it is fixed?

edit: looks like i need a Canon T-ring, 1.25" Universal Adapter and a Canon Remote switch (usb cable).

Edited by hornybluecow

Yes the mount is for stars, Planets, Moon, tracking. Go To will track that for you. use for astro photography and just cruising the sky.

My telescopes do not have zoom. Put in higher power eye piece for that.

Most of our smaller scopes use the 1.25" And the all of the larger ones use 1.25" as well as 2" eyepieces.

Scopes ranging in sizes from a 3" refractor to the massive 20" dobsonian.

30 lbs. to 200 lbs. plus.

We use the smaller scopes more often. When the atmosphere is not to steady. When stars apear to twinkle.

The larger scopes used when the sky is amazingly steady. The Milky way looks super bright and no twinkle to the stars. And virtually no Moonlight.

Eye pieces ranging from 2.5 mm. to 40 mm.

Not sure how many filters we have.

2 solar scopes for viewing the sun. PST and Solar screens for the smaller dob.

Edited by OwinC

I've got an older model Bausch & Lomb 200x4.5" model 78-0200.  Great telescope if you can find one.  They call it their "professional" series, but I'd classify it more as an enthusiast model.  However the mirror, optics, eye pieces and adjustment mechanics are outstanding.  I'll see if I can find a link to one.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the equipment I am looking to buy within the next few years.

From the research I have done, this is a really nice setup.

Telescope: Orion ED80T CF Triplet Apochromatic Refractor Telescope - $900
Guiding Scope: Orion ShortTube 80 Refractor Telescope Optical Tube Assembly - $100
Guiding Camera: Orion StarShoot AutoGuider - $280

Mount: Skywatcher Eq6 Pro Mount ??

Reducer/Flattener:  x 8.0 Tv TRF - $300?

Software: TheSkyX Professional Edition - $99-$300
Software: Images Plus, Deep Sky Stacker

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up going for macro photography because it a few thousand dollars cheaper. Here is some links to sky photography

Getting the right telescope and a few other articles

Photographing the night sky (very helpful but a little out of date, many things do still apply)

Same article but an updated one (hard link to find)

Edited by hornybluecow

This video is great to tell you about all the telescopes. oh course they are trying to sell you something so nothing negitve is said it gives you an idea what each is used for.

http://www.telescope.com/Video-Gallery/How-To/How-To-Choose-A-Beginner-Telescope/pc/-1/c/190/sc/214/p/99859.uts?gclid=CNzinbWio7UCFQLZQgodizoAGQ