Corsair Vengeance vs G.Skill

im getting 8GB ram for my new rig, im deciding between the blue version of both the vengeance and the ripjaws x. the vengeance is on sale for $87 so its not like id be paying a premium for it, so all opinions are welcome. ill be using it with an asus deluxe and a i5-2500k thanks!

They are both great. Just go with the cheaper set or the set that matches colors better if you want (the Ripjaws X comes in blue so it might match your mobo better).

You won't see a performance difference between the two.

Thats not true.

For a (brand new) 2x4GB set of 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM, $85 is a steal. You won't find a set for cheaper than $100 on Newegg. Even a set of 1333 MHz will run you at least $90.

Especially for a quality brand like Corsair or G.Skill, and the fact its a new set. I think thats a great price.

im getting 8GB ram for my new rig, im deciding between the blue version of both the vengeance and the ripjaws x. the vengeance is on sale for $87 so its not like id be paying a premium for it, so all opinions are welcome. ill be using it with an asus deluxe and a i5-2500k thanks!

Whichever in the end has a lower price.

Both G.Skill and Corsair have excellent customer support :thumbsup:

Me personally? I'd go Corsair... I love Corsair lol

Thats not true.

For a (brand new) 2x4GB set of 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM, $85 is a steal. You won't find a set for cheaper than $100 on Newegg. Even a set of 1333 MHz will run you at least $90.

Especially for a quality brand like Corsair or G.Skill, and the fact its a new set. I think thats a great price.

I paid $70 shipped for my 2x4 GB set of DDR3-1600 G.Skill Snipers from Newegg a couple weeks ago.

Thats not true.

Corsair low pros: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145324

Patriot Sector 5: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220484

both $75 after MIR

Ripjaws: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231314

$76 after promo code but only for today (5/19)

pretty easy mang ;)

I wish tri channel kits went on sale as much as dual channel kits do :glare: I'd be better off buying two sets of dual channel and selling the one lol

Either G.Skill or Corsair work well with the P67 platform. They both have modules that are supposedly tuned for use with the boards . I have looked at and used both sets and really its a matter of preference and what in the end your goals are. Tight latencies or high speed. Buy a kit that does what you are looking for. If you take a chance with something that may work and reach the timing/ speed mark you may not be happy with the result. Of course you you cant leave mushkin out of the mix either

I bought the G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL Newegg Shell Shocker deal on 03/29/2011 for $134.99 with a $30 combo purchase. Now THAT was a deal! :P

Only pitfall is that the timings need to be at 2T if using all 16GB on a SB setup, the non-X Ripjaws can handle 1T.

sweet thanks for all the replies guys!!! ill probs go for the vengeance as the g.skill blue version is $20......GOOD NEWS! im getting all the parts tomorrow to complete my build!!!! (excluding sound card and cold cathodes) :P but yea! insanely excited lol