Overclocking Athlon II X3 450 w/ biostar n68s3+

Pteroduck

Alright so i tried, it keeps giving me a cmos error, odd.

How much are you changing it by? It's entirely possible you're pushing too far on your first jump.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The stuff went up, its just it wont go past posting, can't login. no black screen though.

I went 215,105, and i pushed the ram to 1600 just to see, didnt work, so i just pushed it to 210,100,[ram]1600, didnt work, i just pushed the first thing to 205, still no luck either

The first number right? will cpu-z show the new speed?

Yes. And leave the ram alone, just to make life easy. The difference performance wise betwenn 1333 and 1600mhz ram isn't as much as a 3.6ghz processor clock speed. Athlons often max out at 3.6-3.8ghz so don't push to hard to fast.

no.... you need to look at the ram speed and possibly slow it down and/or set TRFC slower.... 75 is too tight... set it at 112 for all populated slots and try that you also need to keep an eye on the HT-Link speeds

Google overclocking on that board and start reading.... you'll learn the quirks...

does that mean i have to lower the ram even more?

Remember that increasing the base clock (200 to 225) will put your memory at a higher speed than normal.

Setting it to 1600 and running 225 bus speed gives you 1800 for the memory.

Setting it to 1333 and running 225 bus speed gives you 1500 for the memory.

Many times the IMC (maybe marked as NorthBridge) has to have slightly higher voltage to run higher speeds too.

i cant seem to get the magic settings to keep it stable... i can only boot into it even if i put more into alternate VID(no NB/IMC setting)

these are my current settings

jszwq8.jpg

15vv2x.jpg

Edited by Pteroduck