I hate to say I told you so

the fact that movies at the  theatre is only 2k and many companies have made digital masters in 2 the 4k push is going to be very slow. gaming wise, for consoles is going to be upsalced like everything is now to 1080 and computers won't be able to hit 4k for a few more years.

I am not so sure it is lack of competition, though that is a factor for sure, but more so a lack of need. Even the big professional apps that push the hardware are having trouble really keeping the CPUs fully fed.

Yes, it is another very important and deciding factor behind Intel's strategy of virtually stalling the architecture improvement.

And talking about why tom's did this 'leak' - who knows? And above all, who cares? :teehee:

For one I do. It means every site that posts a review will be posting old news.......

I don't understand. One site have violated NDA, other sites didn't. It's not likely a scenario where Tom's have exclusive right (given by Intel) to publish a review. Yes, they may have gained a few extra hits for that news/review only, but in long run, it is Tom's who is going to be affected because of non cooperation with the other sites. But again, why - why they will do that only for a few extra hit? In my opinion, the whole scenario seems to be very fishy. It's Tom's who are harming their rep just to attain 15 minutes of fame, and everyone - at least the enthusiasts would understand what's happening.

I'm saying this assuming that Intel didn't give them any exclusivity to publish that review. But if Intel originally did that, then they are going down.

(correct me if I'm misunderstanding something)

Edited by d6bmg

I am not so sure it is lack of competition, though that is a factor for sure, but more so a lack of need. Even the big professional apps that push the hardware are having trouble really keeping the CPUs fully fed.

Yes, it is another very important and deciding factor behind Intel's strategy of virtually stalling the architecture improvement.

And talking about why tom's did this 'leak' - who knows? And above all, who cares? :teehee:

For one I do. It means every site that posts a review will be posting old news.......

I don't understand. One site have violated NDA, other sites didn't. It's not likely a scenario where Tom's have exclusive right (given by Intel) to publish a review. Yes, they may have gained a few extra hits for that news/review only, but in long run, it is Tom's who is going to be affected because of non cooperation with the other sites. But again, why - why they will do that only for a few extra hit? In my opinion, the whole scenario seems to be very fishy. It's Tom's who are harming their rep just to attain 15 minutes of fame, and everyone - at least the enthusiasts would understand what's happening.

I'm saying this assuming that Intel didn't give them any exclusivity to publish that review. But if Intel originally did that, then they are going down.

(correct me if I'm misunderstanding something)

Yes, you are clearly misunderstanding everything Frank, Waco, and I have been saying. Trust me, it's not a "few extra hits", it's a ton of hits that no other site is getting because they're the only ones with it posted. And as Frank said, once other sites, like us, post it, it'll now be old news and thus won't garner the same attention it otherwise would have. I don't want to get into the nitty gritty, but as I tried to explain before, tech press sites often have a cooperative relationship, and this goes against all that.

^^ Ok, now I can understand what you are saying.

A general user who don't view any site regularly and just views the latest news by a simple Google search won't even know what is NDA and whether Tom's broke it or not. They are happy with the content - what they wanted to know about future gen processor and that's all.
And when you guys post the news, after NDA is lifted nobody won't even care to look at the review and think that it is old content.

Got it.

Sorry that I was little slow in understanding the scenario. :blush:

^^ Ok, now I can understand what you are saying.

A general user who don't view any site regularly and just views the latest news by a simple Google search won't even know what is NDA and whether Tom's broke it or not. They are happy with the content - what they wanted to know about future gen processor and that's all.

And when you guys post the news, after NDA is lifted nobody won't even care to look at the review and think that it is old content.

Got it.

Sorry that I was little slow in understanding the scenario. :blush:

Np, but yes, that's it in a nutshell.

This thread is delivering so many lols.  OCC == awesome. :lol:

drdeath - why don't you just quit while you're...well I can't say ahead. :rofl:  How about just quitting?

Back on topic - I refuse to believe this was a sanctioned release and I really hope Tom's Hardware gets reamed for it.  This industry can't work if people decide to ignore NDAs.  Not only does this hurt every other review site in existence but it hurts Intel as well.

Maybe Intel is like showing this off to be like "COME ON AMD, We're trying our hardest to slowly improve our CPUs so you can catch up, SEE!"

• 2 weeks later...

I realize this topic hasn't had an update in 2 weeks, but hey I haven't been around in like a year.   In fact, I just read the Wiki on Hazwell and the Microarchitecture today.  So heres my two-cents. First, I don't give a fug about Tom's  or any NDA.  Second ,"What Ivythos said".   It looks like the whole architecture is pointed towards efficiency in laptop or smaller platforms.   The Desktop versions were just added for windows dressing.  I would guess now, that any real desktop muscle will come in the second gen versions after we clamour loud enough for them.

Like someone else posted here too, Hardware is so far ahead of the curve now anyway for mainstream apps.

Edit: add content

Edited by Kwok