Gaming Bundle from Zowie

Nemo

The mousepad was great but I've tried similarly priced steelseries ones.... mind you the zowie mouse pad by it's self is around $22 and I would say the mousepad is as good as what is out there but as far as the bundle as a whole it lacks a good mouse and doesn't warrant me paying $87.99 for it either. Keypoint --> Bundle is a good idea but I should be saving money with a bundle not spending more.

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old review but I signed up just to show my disgust in this review. What is the point of writing reviews and pretending to be a source for tech information when you have no clue what you are talking about. The IMO 1.1SE is the most commonly used mouse by FPS (cs, quake,quakelive etc) pros. Mint condition original SE's have been known to fetch for up to $500 on ebay. coL even made desperate posts on SK asking if there was anybody who had stock of them.

And your points about the DPI is just the icing on the cake. All pro FPS players run their mice at 400 dpi. The most commonly used mice amongst pros are the IMO 1.1SE (and variants, such as the SS, zowie etc), WMO 1.1, IMO 3.0, mx518 and they all run them at 400dpi (even the mx518).

You were basically given a bundle containing the most commonly used mouse my gaming pros and you write a multi-page review about how you wanted a better mouse... Way to n00b it up.

I know this is an old review but I signed up just to show my disgust in this review. What is the point of writing reviews and pretending to be a source for tech information when you have no clue what you are talking about. The IMO 1.1SE is the most commonly used mouse by FPS (cs, quake,quakelive etc) pros. Mint condition original SE's have been known to fetch for up to $500 on ebay. coL even made desperate posts on SK asking if there was anybody who had stock of them.

And your points about the DPI is just the icing on the cake. All pro FPS players run their mice at 400 dpi. The most commonly used mice amongst pros are the IMO 1.1SE (and variants, such as the SS, zowie etc), WMO 1.1, IMO 3.0, mx518 and they all run them at 400dpi (even the mx518).

You were basically given a bundle containing the most commonly used mouse my gaming pros and you write a multi-page review about how you wanted a better mouse... Way to n00b it up.

you clearly know nothing about gaming and gaming peripherals.

400dpi :rofl:

What planet are you from :wacko:

If you think a pro gamer uses 400 dpi then sir I am sorry to say you are a complete idiot. I know for fact Jonathan Wendel never has nor ever will play with 400dpi settings. Normally I am not this forward but that is the dumbest and stupidest comment I think i have ever read in my life :mfp:

400dpi :rofl:

What planet are you from :wacko:

If you think a pro gamer uses 400 dpi then sir I am sorry to say you are a complete idiot. I know for fact Jonathan Wendel never has nor ever will play with 400dpi settings. Normally I am not this forward but that is the dumbest and stupidest comment I think i have ever read in my life :mfp:

+1 :lol:

Fella do you think we would be using high quality high dpi mice if there was a better alternative? As far as im concerned these people are the pros, they use them every day, you bet they are using the most comfortable easiest to use mouse they can find.

Do show us your sources. :P

Edited by SpeedCrazy

400 dpi + 1920x1080 = moving your mouse LITERALLY 5 inches to move from one side of the screen to the other.

If you think 5 inches isn't a big deal, get a ruler.

• 5 months later...

400dpi :rofl: What planet are you from :wacko: If you think a pro gamer uses 400 dpi then sir I am sorry to say you are a complete idiot. I know for fact Jonathan Wendel never has nor ever will play with 400dpi settings. Normally I am not this forward but that is the dumbest and stupidest comment I think i have ever read in my life :mfp:

is a video with some of the best players from North America and Europe in the Counter Strike: GO showmatch. Notice at 1:50 the Intellimouse optical 1.1 in the foreground - 400dpi.

Also notice the WMO 1.1 in the background - also 400dpi.

If that weren't enough, check out the collated mouse settings of the quake live eswc 2010 here

Also necro bump cos "somebody is wrong on the internet" etc.

This again? Mouse comes down to personal preference and user skill more than anything else. I own people with my fancy mouse and I get owned by people with $10 mouse, it honestly makes little to no difference other than player skill.

This.