Nvidia 310.70 Certified Drivers Released

El_Capitan

Oh well............ At least they take action when they detect a potential problem. I'll delete the installation package I just downloaded 30 minutes ago :) Glad that I wasn't at home to install it.

Whats so wrong with beta drivers ? Sometimes, they're a hell of a lot better than the latest WHQL drivers.

WHQL is just a pain in the a** to certify and by the time they receive the certification after thorough testing the driver is already too old for the latest games...

Nothing wrong with Beta drivers if they work, and I'm not saying that these don't. If anyone wants to give Beta drivers a try then go for it. I think there's a little more risk when a driver is WHQL released and then pulled back almost immediately. Conversely, if you see a driver revision that's been out for a month and it's still in Beta then best bet is they are pretty safe / stable to begin with.

They also set the drives back to beta. Must not be polished, yet.

Just saw that and reverting back to older drivers again. Releasing a driver as WHQl certified and then degading it to beta driver signals to some big (possible) problem with them.