Multiple Chrome instances?

NCC10281982B

Never have cared much for Chrome myself. It loads pages slower than Firefox for me, doesn't have some of the features I now rely on, and has the weirdest bugs. Oddly most of the bugs I've experienced are with Google sites.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This topic has me questioning switching to Chrome, this makes alot of sense and is a novel idea!!

Not at this point. Firefox sandboxes as well, at least the plug-ins, but doesn't use the multiple processes to do so. I think Chrome was the first, but it is not unique anymore.

The fact it runs a process for each window also means ripping off tabs is pretty much seamless, unlike the last time I used Firefox :rolleyes:

+1 yep its lovely!

I just wish you could open all your previous tabs without reloading everything... but my fix for that is to pull out my wireless adaptor when I open chrome then reattach it when all the pages come up dead XD

FF has been playing catch up with Chrome for awhile. I remember back in the day when you had a video playing in a FF tab and dragged it to a new window it would reload the page (thus reloading the video) lol. So bad.

If you use Google Accounts for a lot of things like I do, it just makes life easier (Gmail, Account login to comment on pages, Google Wallet, Google Drive, and etc. Google is an all-around service provider, although not the best in each field but good enough.